Friday, July 9, 2010

IF : Giant

You are a Giant, I only a dwarf
You the endless ocean, I a boat at wharf
Encompassing all is your effulgence
My yearning is for such a confluence!
NOTE: After the Moon and the Earth in my previous posts...I wanted to include the Sun in this post to ensure some cosmic continuity :) In the Vedic culture of ancient India, Sun worship was an important form of prayer. This similarity can be found in most ancient cultures like Aztecs, Mayans, Incas, Egyptians, Greeks too...I guess, before the invention of religious myths and rituals, acknowledging the manifest light seemed more practical! This drawing is also a tribute to memories of my visit to 2003 Kumbh Mela.

28 comments:

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

How absolutely beautiful. Brilliant. I really like this one too.

platitudinal said...

It is lovely. And the verse you included emphasized the poetic feel of the picture.

Tomás Serrano said...

It´s very interesting for me seeing the architecture of your country in your drawings. I hope visit India some day.

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Absolutely fantastic! I cannot say in words how I feel looking at this superb illustration!

Maldito Columpio said...

really beautiful drawing, very nice line.
And I just looove the Paisley drawing that you choose for the head of the blog :)

knallbeige said...

beautiful composition!

Amanda Baeza said...

the sun is a giant symbol of life :) this is beautiful Justdoodleit (hehe) and I like how you draw a conduct line between your previous drawings. I must say: I was asking myself what would you do next :)

(sorry! a type error...)

aeneadellaluna said...

I love the illustration and the story too :)

Francisco Martins said...

So beautiful! I love your work! :)

Greetings from Portugal

Amy Farrier said...

Beautiful and tranquil. I really like the sketchy lines and glow of the sun.

Felipe H. Navarro said...

The great cosmic continuity :)
Great illo!!

Cheers!!

Natura said...

Beautiful atmosphere you got here! Love the big bright sun!

Ann Pilicer said...

Love this! Great use of line! Well done! thanks for your visit and comment on my blog! :D

Shirley said...

What a wondeful illustration. Great of you to pay homage to the Sun in respect to the Moon and Earth! You have captured THE giant in our universe. Beautiful piece and thank you for the links as well!

AtelierBrigitte said...

Beautiful!
Wonderful color of the sun.

Zari said...

beautiful composition; love the giant sun at the background...very well balanced image!

Abby said...

Wonderful illustration! I appreciate the background info too.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

michael robertson said...

there is such a quiet elegance about your work...you are truly able to say so much with your pen. very impressive as always, my friend.

Megan Coyle said...

I love your moon, earth, and sun illustrations :) This one is just beautiful - the verse and imagery work very well together.

Nicky Linzey said...

Such a beautiful serene piece. The birds flying in front of the sun .... jusy wonderful

Anonymous said...

Love the pen work and composition plus that big orange, water colored sun. Awesome.

Alexiev said...

fantastic image... very pretty composition...

Best wishes from Buenos Aires...

http://www.alexiev.com.ar

Proyectos - Illustrations

Alexiev Store - venta de originales

Gavin Goo said...

Beautiul pen work! And a lovely read too :) Really great stuffsss.

donny* said...

ooh! i love it! love the classic feel. love the ancient inspiration.

Amy C said...

wow how beautiful, every time you post stunning drawings like this it makes me want to travel!

Roger Simó said...

Magical atmosphere...

Gina said...

My jaw dropped when I saw this! It is so great it looks like something magical, historic! It really is incredible.

get zapped said...

Simply beautiful! I love your style and sense of color.

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--