Thursday, May 14, 2009

IF : Parade

It was evident that Communism was going out of fashion when May Day parade became less serious.
Wanted to continue along the lines of my previous 'hierarchy' post and also this was a good pretext to draw tanks in parade :) 

24 comments:

Duncan said...

great parade, like your style.

Unknown said...

I like that you've added levity to what is an otherwise "heavy" topic...I like the sense of whimsy!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Gosh you are amazing!!! How fabulously delightful are these babies. So retro and of the chain!!!! I love them all. Hee hee hee you are too funny. I just got finished reading your comments this morning and I'm hearing the same thing. BIFF, BOOF, SLAM!!! and the like. Thanks for stopping by!

Edith S White said...

I really like your style lovely piece.

Vhrsti said...

Brilliant works! I lived in communism 14 years...

Loni Edwards said...

What a great idea! Yes, it matches your previous post very well! Nice job!

damon said...

nice

i like

Tomás Serrano said...

I like it so much. Both. The style is fantastic.

Hajnalka Cserháti, Ojni said...

:))

Jarrett said...

SO awesome :D:D And that Little Red and the Wolf is amazing too :D

Chris Kennett said...

Those tanks are awesome. Great work!

ArtSparker said...

Great fun, very well drawn, and my hat is off to you for drawing tanks. I have an interest in seeing how the series continues - for instance, the soldier in different sorts of circumstances, or a general trying to give orders to a duck - there are so many ways to have fun with subverting authority.

justdoodleit said...

>Duncan,
Thanks! Glad you like it!

>Susan,
Yes, rightly said so. The tanks make it heavier and an outlet of comic lightness was called for :)

>Vanessa,
Thanks for those enthusiastic and encouraging words :)

>Edith,
Thanks!

>Vhrsti,
Coming from an experienced veteran like you, it is an honor. I'm sure tanks on cobbled streets of picturesque Prague weren't a nice sight as they were made out to be on propaganda TV.

>Loni,
>Damon,
Thanks for the kind words guys!

>Tomás,
Thank you dear friend!

>Cserháti,
:D

>Jarrett,
Thanks my friend, good to see you again.

>Chris,
I know, tanks and planes are super cool :)

>ArtSparker,
Susan, your comment just made my day :) I'm planning a series mostly because I enjoy drawing tanks, planes, ships and thumbing one's nose at authority is a bonus :) Always a pleasure to read your insightful observations. Thanks!

fashion fucsia said...

I like the militar style of your illos!!
^_^

Tartan Baffies said...

Once again you have managed to come up with the goods! Nice illustrations, I do like the one with the soldiers & wee boy tho'.
Your little Red Riding Hood is pretty awesome too!
Keep up the good work.

Desiree said...

Very nice, has a really wonderful feeling to the way you have stylized it.

Bella Sinclair said...

Excellent parade! Communism may be so out of fashion, but tanks will always be cool to watch. LOVE, love, love the little boy with the racket!

Dam Ferreira said...

Great job
Congratulations!!

Tooninator said...

I love these illustrations

SILVER KNIGHT said...

really nice! i love it! :)

Amy C said...

I love how you manage to make everything look so interesting and beautiful...... I mean the military - beautiful!?!?
You are so talented and clever - another stunning piece.

Asja said...

you continue to amaze me! your work is so clever and simply fantastic!!
this made me laugh and laugh ( especially because I lived in communism for the first 9 years of my life :))

justdoodleit said...

>Fucsia,
Glad you enjoy the military style :)

>Tartan,
>Desiree,
Thanks so much!

>Bella,
Coolness quotient is directly proportional to one's love for Tanks :) Yay!

>Christina,
>Ferreira,
>Tooninator,
>Silver,
Appreciate your kind words!

>Amy,
Awww...you are too kind and generous.

>Asja,
Thanks for the nice comment! Hmmm...I wonder how a communist Yugoslavia, if intact today, would have affected your work? Glad that your art is so refreshing and lively :)

ELLA ELVIANA said...

this is brilliant and the details is amazing!!

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--