Friday, October 22, 2010

IF : Spooky

NOTE: The blog has been dormant for a while now...Busy preparing to move to a new house, I did relocate earlier this year but the surroundings have become too noisy...not conducive for someone like me who enjoys quietude.
This quick sketch reminded me of my high school biology teacher, considered a tad eccentric, but was really an intriguing person who managed to evoke a sense of wonder and curiosity about the natural world around. I was able to recall the names of all the bones while drawing this skeleton! Miss MS, Thank you for all those inspiring and informing lectures!

18 comments:

Tomás Serrano said...

Harsha, I don´t know why, but the dog is spookier than man, he, he.

Nicky Linzey said...

Great idea, yes I agree the dog is spookier! It's amazing what you can remember when you have an inspiring teacher.
Good luck with your move too.

Karen said...

Love this one :)

Ellen Byrne said...

This is creepy and creaky! Love the idea and carry through! Bravo!

ELLA ELVIANA said...

that's creepy, lol! i never thought a biology teacher would be so impressive :D

Andrew Ross said...

Hahah! Nice work man.

Roger Simó said...

Quietude and silence are importants for artists...
Shhhh...

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Join the wonderful club of the Relocaters!!! I 'm joining myself. I will be leaving NJ after 47 years and I can't wait to start fresh somewhere else. I hope that your move will be a great one for you and your family. I love the bones. It's spooktacular for sure. I really love it. Great job.

Kay Aker said...

Macabre charm! And wow, knowing the name of every bone - good for you!

michael robertson said...

what does the dog do when he wants to chew on a bone? excellent idea and execution. good luck with your move-I hope you find your new digs a bit more to your liking.

Catilustre said...

Hallo Harsa! :)
bist du schon in deine neues Haus?
haha, this illo is too spooky, deathly Sir playing with his deathly dog!ahaha, but lucky you can remember the name of the bons, I have not idea anymore! ;)

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Ah! Spooky indeed! The poochie looks spooky and the man spooked! ;-)

Johnny Caracarton said...

Great story about your teacher.
And very funny drawing!
have a nice halloween :)

Bella Sinclair said...

The wrist bone's connected to the talent bone,
The elbow's collected to the awesome bone.


*does that count as a rhyme?

AtelierBrigitte said...

We used to have a skeleton in our biology class aswell! Always fun to 'play' with. Great sketch!

Gavin Goo said...

Ha! This is great! I love the twist!

Jmontiel said...

Hahah! Nice work!

Shelley Whiting's art said...

This is a very funny and hilarious picture. It definitely got my attention.

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--