Recently, Voz (who has in-depth knowledge about the secret lives of monsters and has also documented over 555 pudding recipes) mentioned this anecdote from her poultry farming experience here.
"I've had roosters before and they're all insane, I swear. They crow at anything and everything. I had one that would crow at the school bus every time it picked my son up for school."
This made me ponder deeply about roosters, their thought processes and possibilities of secret symbolism behind that all too familiar, early morning cock-a-doodle-doo! Is there something to be deciphered and further understood? What if they were to croon instead...How would they express themselves?


20 comments:
Haha, I love this song and this illo is so cute! I'd love to meet this rooster!
-Junko
Absolutely cool! On roosters, I share the same sentiment! :)
Hello Justdoodleit,
Finally our first contest has ended. The selected works have been the following ones:
In 3 º place:
Filipe Dobreira
In 2 º place:
Justdoodleit
(you!!!!)
In 1 º place:
Of Navarre FH
In order that you could receive the prize, we need your illustration in 300 dpi, and your postal direction.
Thank you very much and CONGRATULATIONS! You will be able to see more details in the blog.
Regards, Mr Spoqui.
First I just LOVED Paisley!!! SO COOL! and now this singing Rooster. The song is the best he he he he! I just love your work! You always make me laugh out with your line work and comments. You had me in stitches this morning with your comments on my blg! NOW that's how you start a Saturday morning. You are the best!
Totally rocking!!
Mr. Doodleit,
I, too, have often pondered deeply about roosters. And sometimes about sea slugs and gerbils. But mostly roosters. I think in this case, however, I will stop pondering over them and just enjoy your wonderful illustration and tap my feet ever so slightly to the song I hear in my head.
Thank you.
What a great post!! Here comes the SON! Very fun.
And I must say, Paisley is beautiful..the peacocks are gorgeous and the texture in the background is so lovely..you are quite the artist!
Have a great weekend!!
This is so awesome. I love it. Everything makes sense now. Everything, even quantum mechanics. Thanks for clearing it up.
Did he borrow those boots from one of Jason's doodles?
i love this illustration! i like that the color is quite minimal...it's a different style for you :)
E
>Junko,
He must be at the Woodstock :)
>Mr. Spoqui,
Cool! Thanks, have mailed you stuff :)
>Bella,
Wow! Sea slugs and Gerbils too! That would be some playlist ;)
>Voz,
This one was specially for you...Glad it elucidates quantum mechanics too :)
The boots, shades, handlebar are all from George Harrison's Sgt.Pepper's Lonely Heart Club...now that you mention, the shoes and sticky legs combo seems Jasonish.
Thanks for all the comments folks!
You're mad, but I like it! Love your new header too.
Ha.. very clever :)
Reminds me of the Disney Robin-Hood :) The little rooster that narrated and sang the songs- but hip-i-fied
hilarious and clever, as always!...I love those sideburns.
>Nicky,
What's art without a touch of craziness ;)
>Marcus,
Just saw that intro on YouTube and it's from the 70s!!! Man, the resemblance of this is so very uncanny...All cool things have been done already! *sigh*
>Michael,
Your style sensibilities are cool!
perfect! i love love love love this one! also, totally dig your satellite entry.
I never thought of a singer cock this way... Very funny.
Oops, I missed this somehow... it's great, your humour rocks! Love this illustration!
Hee! That's really cute! I'd like a t-shirt of it.
This is still making me laugh.
Post a Comment