Friday, June 25, 2010

IF : Paisley

Paisley
plumes and cyan hues made a pretty sight.
The birds preened and danced in delight,
like sparkling stars on a moonlit night!
NOTE: Whaaaaat! It is still

Friday, June 25, 5:30 pm here and this entry is showing up in the next week's prompt! Wonder what standard time the IF server is calibrated to? In the past, I have uploaded entries just before midnight and this is still early evening! Tea anyone?

Anyway, the paisley pattern is so popular in textile and sari prints in India that most people usually call it the peacock design print.

35 comments:

studio lolo said...

I love this!!!!

Amanda Baeza said...

ahah :D great idea! a fight of Peacocks! (for me it is a fight...)

IVYALLOVER said...

ha beautiful! Love the idea ♥

Felipe H. Navarro said...

The top models of wildlife ;)
I love it!!

Cheers!!

Cathy said...

Oooh ... love it! Great response to the theme!

knallbeige said...

wunderbar!

Connie said...

Fantastic idea and lovely colours.

Nicky Linzey said...

This DEFINITELY is my favourite!

voz said...

Looovely!

sruble said...

Ooh, paisley peacocks. I love them! Very clever.

Karen said...

Paisley plumes rock too :)

ArtSparker said...

Sweet, what a lovely dance.

Teri said...

Perfect place for a paisley pattern!

Ellen Byrne said...

AWESOME!!!!!

Tomás Serrano said...

You had a great idea. Very cool.

michele said...

Wonderfully illustrated paisley peacocks! And I love all the last minute entries...Bless our hearts, each and every one! :o)

Dream Painter said...

haha... you always have brilliant ideas on IF topics! real nice!!

AtelierBrigitte said...

Such a great idea for the topic! And wonderful colors.

Gina said...

Those colors are incredible, it's like a living dream!

get zapped said...

superb! so pretty and clever :}

Dear Fireflies said...

Paisley is really the last thing I would wear (unless I had no choice!), but you know? I think I would definitely wear this!! Wonderful concept, very smart indeed! :))

Ann Marie DiVecchia said...

Such pretty peacocks!!!

Virginia said...

truly beautiful - colors, composition and peacocks!! bravo & peace

Caroline said...

These are beautiful - peacocks are perfect paisleys!

Alicia Padrón said...

This is beautiful!

Kristen C said...

lovely work. :)

Bella Sinclair said...

Ooooh! Your peacocks are dazzling!
They make me feel like....shnazzling!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

You always, always blow me away! I told you I like this before. Okay now I'm in love with it he he he he!!!

justdoodleit said...

Thanks for all the kind words...glad you like these paisley peacocks :)

michael robertson said...

beautiful work...glad you decided to use it for your new banner!

Eric Barclay said...

Beautiful work- would make a great print.

justdoodleit said...

>Michael,
>Eric,
Thank you guys!

R.Dress said...

This is great! There is a nice balance to this illustration.
Color, design everything. Your making it look so easy.

Francisco Martins said...

Gorgeous! one of my favorite!

Gillian Comerford said...

pretty peacocks!

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--