Saturday, May 22, 2010

IF : Early

NOTE : A quick sketchbook doodle... possibly another post later this week.

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!! One of my favorites!!! This sketch rocks!! I need an alarm like that rooster to get me up in the morning! HAHA!

Jill Bergman said...

I like the slightly angry rooster! He's got tons of personality.

Nicola said...

Yes, I really love the energy of the line in this one. Almost has a carved feel to it!

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Blog a doodle doo!

Brilliant, as ever!

michael robertson said...

I absolutely love this piece! great line work, love that color, and that little tongue is just great. you never disappoint!

R.Dress said...

Love it!

Megan Coyle said...

This is great - I love the angry rooster.

Sally Taylor said...

Yep, this guy's got loads of personality. I went with the rooster idea as well. Mine just happens to be one I know personally. :) nice illo!

ELLA ELVIANA said...

i like the look on his face, a bit angry isn't he? hehe. nice drawing.

Nicky Linzey said...

love this, i think your quick sketches are my favourite ones. They have a real energy.

Jason James Curtis said...

Judging from his expression, that rooster means business. Nobody sleeps in under his watch.

I really like the line quality of this piece, and the selective colour is interesting as well.

AtelierBrigitte said...

He looks very angry - great sketch!

Tomás Serrano said...

I like the right lines of the breast and the tail. This style really works, in my opinion...

Dffinley said...

Man, this is great! The line thickness and the panel contained sunrise were great choices. Your minimal colors and line variation make for a very strong and enjoyable piece. Plus, you chose a rooster, which I've considered for my piece as well so points for that.

Duncan said...

That rooster needs anger management. Thanks for the comment.

Gavin Goo said...

This must be one loud rooster! I love the line work and composition :D

Nina Seven N7 said...

oh, i missed this one for early - LOVE it! can't wait to see what you come up with for slither...

Bella Sinclair said...

Okay, okay, I'm up, I'm up!!!!

Oh, dear me, this is one fabulous angry bird! He's not a morning person, is he.

Chelsea Kirchoff said...

Are you serious? I love this! Look at all those textures and colors!

justdoodleit said...

>Modern Girl,
Are you that heavy a sleeper?

>Jill,
That he has!

>Nicola,
Now that you mention...It would make an interesting lino-cut!

>VRakesh,
Witty one!

>Michael,
And you sir, are too kind and awesome.

>RDress,
>Megan,
>Chelsea,
:)

>Sally,
I wouldn't want to know this guy personally ;)

>Enigma,
>Brigitte,
He's pretty pissed about having to wake up early to wake everybody else!

>Nicky,
...And they save me a lot of time.

>JJC,
Yes, he's one early bird and a hard taskmaster to boot.

>Tomas,
...and I value your opinion!

>Dave,
Thanks for all the points and the bonus points too :)

>Duncan,
Nah, he's a bit cranky early in the day. A coffee and some biscuits should make him more agreeable.

>Gavin,
Of course, don't you hear him in Singapore?

>Nina,
Thanks! Check out the new post now :)

>Bella,
Hahahaha...I'm sure he has a personal alarm clock somewhere :)

voz said...

This makes me laugh so hard. He takes his job so seriously. Love the use of color and the lines are great too.

I've had roosters before and they're all insane, I swear. They crow at anything and everything. I had one that would crow at the school bus every time it picked my son up for school.

justdoodleit said...

>Voz,
Wow! You have not just Capybaras but poultry as well!

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--