Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sketchbook Sunday - 9

The summer of 2003 - I was a struggling intern in the broadcast media industry in Mumbai. One of my favorite hangouts was the seafront near Gateway of India...This place, an iconic landmark of this vivacious metropolis; was always teeming with activity... Tourists, college crowd, street vendors, fishing trawlers, cargo ships, random floating boats, pigeons, sea gulls, gushing waves... created a totally unique ambiance.
A rather ornate & palatial building in the vicinity was a luxury hotel , whose facade would become the front-page story of world media in November 2008!

14 comments:

Jason James Curtis said...

I love Sketchbook Sundays!

Wonderful pieces here, all of them, but my favorite is the one at the bottom. Great detail in the building.

Asja said...

beautifully done!

R.Dress said...

Wow these need to be printed! Seems like a great place to hang out.

Megan Coyle said...

What lovely drawings. Your sketches and illustrations are always so much fun to look at.

Gavin Goo said...

Always love your travelogue! Beautiful details :)

andres casciani said...

very interesting chronichles, its great to know the stories behind the doodles!

michael robertson said...

wow! gorgeous... I love your architectural sketches.

AtelierBrigitte said...

Great sketches!
You have a recognizable style.

Shirley said...

Beautiful work...the palette and linework are simply spot-on. Great work! hope you've been well, it's good to catch up with all of your posts. : )

Nicky Linzey said...

Beautiful sketches as usual, they look like they are done with such ease - are they?

Bella Sinclair said...

I just adore your sketchbook! The scenery is just lovely. And the hotel is gorgeous with all its detail. So tragic what happened there.

Aarti Badamikar said...

This is so very Aamchi Mumbai!!
:)

justdoodleit said...

>JJC,
>Gavin,
>Michael,
Thanks guys!

>Asja,
>Megan,
>Shirley,
Thanks ladies!

>RDress,
Glad you think so about these little postcard doodles.It is a popular hang out!

>Andres,
Thanks for stopping by.Loved your blog!

>Brigitte,
Glad you think so! I used to think about my style a lot earlier...now I just explore with more ease...Thanks for the compliment.

>Nicky,
They are mostly quick ones done in a couple of minutes!

>Bella,
True. Which is why I don't want to go there again...my fond memories will get muddled up with the more dark recent narrative.

>Aarti,
Ho, Aamchi Mumbai! Dhanyavadh :)

Catilustre said...

I like the way you sintetize lines and adapt the world at your way! beautiful sketches!

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--