
His trailblazing performance was met with a thunderous applause!
NOTE: Well, technically this is a far fetched take...But I was doing some Jazz drawings for Mr.Spoqui and decided to twist them slightly to fit the topic. Hope you folks don't mind! Will post another proper 'trail' entry later this week :)


24 comments:
Great doodles. I love jazz myself, and this captures it well.
muchas muchas muchas muchas muchas gracias, justdoodleit!!! your jazz band is spectacular! well done! we are waiting impatiently for june 25th (midnight) for the end of the challenge... good luck!
and I love all the movement that you "stamped" on the figures
A big hug for you! thank you justdoodleit
I like this twist for I'm able to see the soul of Jazz here which is not too different from those of the maestros, Coltrane for instance!
i think the sketches are great!
Justdoodleit, these sketches are wonderful! The lines are beautiful :) Loving them...
I'm loving the movement of these jazz musicians - I can almost hear them playing.
You've illustrated a trail of cool jazz masterpieces here. Well done!
Gosh you make me sooooooo gosh darn happy with your fun line drawings! It's amazing!
Great sketches!
The coloured piece is wonderful, but I'm completely in love with the four black and white sketches...these are really amazing.
I love them! all are fantastic
Fantastic scketches; the last fat man really sounds, he, he.
Jazz musicians are such characters and you've really captured them here! Do you draw from life/reference or memory?
Beautiful and fresh drawings
Your lines are great! Lots of movement and flow, perfect for the theme :)
These are great!
Beautiful sketches and color work. Your work is really soulful and powerful in this post. Can not put my finger on it but it really works perfectly with the subject manor. Bravo.
ohhhh, justdoodleit! So many interesting things that one can learn thanks to blogs... thank you thank you!! Now I can tell everybody that Amba it's like the root of the word 'mother' in Indian... that's really kind, and I appreciate your comment a lot. You don't even imagine how that's amazing: 1º, since the last month I'm obsessed with roots and rhizomes... and 2º, I'm like a second mother to my brothers! Your comment make my day (hug!)
Well toot my horn,
And stomp my feet,
Your illustrations
Can't be beat!
There is no rhyme or reason. There IS, however, snazzy jazzy and coooooool you!
great line work!
i need to remember to make the rounds more often! love these illustrations.
>Mr.Spoqui,
It was a nice pretext for me to listen to Jazz and doodle.
>Tomas,
Hahaha...wonder what makes you say so?
>Nicky,
I've never been to a Jazz concert so it is not from life...I wanted them to be spontaneous and emotive...especially the intense involvement of the artists...I watched some videos focusing on the mood...went for a swim, came back and drew impressions I could recollect.
Only few of these sketches work for me...the rest were attempts to pin down an intangible.
>Frank,
An inherent depth about music and dance performance makes them interesting subjects to sketch...I try to, but it's quite challenging to capture that fleeting essence.
>amba,
Amusing to learn about your fixation with roots and Rhizomes :)
>donny*,
Thank you and glad you think so.
Thanks for all your kind words folks. Really appreciate it :D
Post a Comment