Wednesday, March 3, 2010

IF : Perspective

A bird's-eye view often provides a holistic perspective!

26 comments:

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Mein Gott! Some fabulous perspective indeed!

Brad said...

what a beautiful image, and a fantastic composition! your illustrations always fit perfectly with the theme!

Nicky Linzey said...

I so love your humour!

Amy C said...

what a beautiful piece, I am always amazed that they can land those aircraft on such a tiny little runway.
Love that pink bird.
p.s. I have framed up your postcards and they look so lovely.

Nina Seven N7 said...

excellent perspective! you've got mad skills. i always enjoy seeing what you come up with for IF. thanks for your comment on mine, i really appreciate it.

Pencil Pocket said...

Wowser. I love how the angle enhances the scale here - fab work!

doodlegirl said...

This is great!!! And if ya blur your eyes a little, it almost looks like a giant crocodile getting ready to emerge out of the water to have himself a little lunch.

Eugen Caitaz said...

She goes on landing!???

Roger Simó said...

Gorgeous! I like the contrast between the ship and the bird.

Tomás Serrano said...

It seems the Stok gonna to touch land soon... Great work.
In my illustration the crystal vault is in the Museum of Art Nouveau and Art Decó of Salamanca. You can see a 3D view in www.museocasalis.org

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Great perspective! This is wonderfully illustrated. I always enjoy coming to visit your blog. You never ever disappoint and I love the work. Thanks so much for your hilarious comments left on my blog. You are too funny!!!

Jason Curtis said...

This is a version of Top Gun I've never seen!

froggie is... said...

oh VERY cool! nice mix of your more techincal line, like the carrie and the looser one, the 'mingo. :))

Karen said...

Great concept and perfect perspective!

Deepa Gopal said...

Brilliant perspective!
Love the bird:)

Eugen Caitaz said...

HI justdoodleit! I've got a blog "award"/game for you! Please see my blog for the logo and rules.

rina said...

very nice! I like it :)

Cally Johnson-Isaacs said...

Brill, I love the contrast between the bird and the jets :)

michael robertson said...

funny, I could swear I already left a comment on this earlier in the week. anyway, it's brilliant as always . I really love how you add your birds to the scenes. They bring a nice warm touch to your art.

AtelierBrigitte said...

What a great illo - I always love the way you combine things into a great and wonderful perspective.
The bird is really wonderfully drawn.

Gavin Goo said...

Beautiful! The details and perspective is really great! :) The stork composition is impactful. :D

illustration poetry said...

ooohhhh!!! another great illo!!!
i believe you are obsessed with birds :D

Peter Breese said...

Very nice! Good perspective.

Bella Sinclair said...

Who's a top gun? YOU'RE a top gun! Oh, he's coming in for a perfect landing. Always enjoy your work!

sheree boyd said...

this is so beautiful...i absolutely love your clouds!!!

justdoodleit said...

>doodlegirl,
Hahaha...that is a truly hilarious observation. Thanks!

>Amy,
I know, it is a feat of great precision. Btw, would love to see how those little postcards look framed.

>Jason,
This is the version that was never shown...A director's cut, someday!

>Mita,
Birds and flight :)

>Bella,
Thanks :) Isn't it fun being the 'Maverick'...one gets to make their own rules :)

The everyone for all the kind words ^_^

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--