Friday, March 12, 2010

IF : Brave

A brave warrior knows - The real battle is with one's own inner adversary.

NOTE: Have been really busy with too many 'non-work' related issues...many regrets for the lack of posts here and lack of visits to your cool blogs. Will be back in action once I'm done with my spring cleaning. Oh, thanks for all the encouragement and awesome comments folks :)

24 comments:

Jason Curtis said...

I'm the first to comment!!

This is great...I love the sketchy lines and the color treatment. Wonderful movement too.

Cally Johnson-Isaacs said...

Really great work and excellent movement! :)

Amy C said...

what a stunning drawing, your line work is so beautiful and this piece is bursting with brave movement.

Jill said...

I appreciate your thoughtful concept...and you've depicted it very well. The gestural drawing makes your figures look very lithe and active. And it was a good choice to not have them grounded in any spatial reality as that puts all the focus on their own physicality and mental state.

michael robertson said...

you are truly a master of line. beautiful work and concept.

Tomás Serrano said...

Fantastic lines. You keep the movements very well.

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Indeed Sir! The real battle is with the element within!

Beautiful illustration!

doodlegirl said...

ooO00OOoo... that's what i call "brave" on both sides. Really great and... me likes it! :O)

Loni Edwards said...

Very nice! I love the movement!

Eugen Caitaz said...

Your samuray's is so Brave! :)
My friend, I adviced to you, to watch two great films about Brave, "Brave Heart" and "The Brave One"!

Ellen Byrne said...

Gorgeous gestural drawings. Great lines!

AtelierBrigitte said...

Great illo... and ... I've got an award for you. Check out my blog!

Cathy said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog, and I look forward to seeing more of your work on here once you've got the time!
xxx

elisa said...

Wow. Your illustrations are wonderful. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Brilliant and I just love your line work. Fantastic illustration.

Nicky Linzey said...

How true this is.

krisztina maros said...

wonderful sketches!

have a good work - we are waiting for you here :)

Catilustre said...

spring cleaning? hmmm but Spring is not yet here!:-)
I love this delicate illo, full of movement, it fits perfect with the text... yes I agree, that is the hardest battle! :)
saludos
cati

Bella Sinclair said...

Lotsa great poses here! You capture such great energy with you lines. Happy spring cleaning!

illustration poetry said...

OMG!!!! This is a-mazing! i agree with the others, cool linework!

Dream Painter said...

the gestures are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Great poses. I struggle with these type of quick poses sketches too much still. All of these read so well. nice work.

Chelsea Kirchoff said...

I love how loose and gestural this is! Your line work is fabulous! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I do appreciate it.

Chelsea :)

justdoodleit said...

>Jason,
LOL!

>Jill,
Thanks for your interpretation...my tangent was - Confronting inner reality renders space and time meaningless!

>Jenea,
I've seen them...Hollywood definition of Brave is quite the opposite of my take here :)

>Brigitte,
Thanks again! You are too kind :)

>CATI,
It is already summer in this part of the world :)

Thank you people for your kind comments!

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--