Tuesday, March 23, 2010

IF : Expired

The dinosaur expired because, the fully packed Ark had already set sail.

47 comments:

sheree boyd said...

awww, now i feel really bad for the dinosaur.

Tomás Serrano said...

I like your textures! And the pose of the dino...

Anonymous said...

The colors are really nice here. I knew there had to be a good reason dinosaurs were not on Noah's Ark!

Abz said...

Sweet! I like the way this turned!

Roger Simó said...

Beautiful new style! The textures are very interesting, and the fact you don't use outline. And the idea is really funny!

Rui Sousa said...

Marvellous work! It´s really lovely and well done!
Congratulations.

Regards

The Temporary
www.ruisousaartworks.com
www.ruisousaartworks.blogspot.com

Jill said...

This is a dynamic and unexpected compositional arrangement. Good idea making the palm trees and ark so small. Funny, too!

Jason Curtis said...

Ah, poor guy.

Just loving the textures.

Anonymous said...

haha good point, and great image :)

Eugen Caitaz said...

I think that without the female, he would have nothing to do there! hihi :) Awesome idea!
P.S. I don't received you package yet!

Felipe H. Navarro said...

Great idea!! Ilike this!!

AtelierBrigitte said...

Wow! What a great take on the topic for IF. I love the dinosaur!

Marcus Hadlock said...

I dont know that he would have fit... Great work- I really like the texture

MrBibleHead said...

Very great! Love the dinosaur. Great take on the theme. poor Jiltedasaurous!

Amy C said...

I just cant help loving that dinosaur despite his scary big sharp teeth!
Are you sure there isnt room for him!?!?
They could throw him an inflatable.
Beautiful piece.

elizabeth said...

Aw, poor dinosaur! Great illo.

theartofpuro said...

Poor dino!Great illo!

Parv Kaushik said...

hahaha!! truly said!! nice one again!! i'm a fan~!!

Brine Blank said...

Great effect with this!

Serline said...

I love dinosaur. Great colours and very neat drawing!

http://narelleserline.blogspot.com/2010/03/if-expired.html

Catilustre said...

I always like the colours of your pictures! and the way you bilt up the dinno is great!

Nina Seven N7 said...

what a great idea for the theme! this one looks like collage, it has such great textures.

Dayle's Painted Diary-Dayle Dodwell said...

Wow he wonder they were so mean. Beautifully done.

Bella Sinclair said...

Whew! Row faster, FASTER!

Love your humor, Mr. Doodleit. May I call you Just? Fantastic texture on this piece and your subterranean fellow.

pakoto said...

hahaha great idea and great painting! : )

Pencil Pocket said...

Great stuff! Love these new textures. The colours are wonderful!

Asja said...

oh, poor dino! he was too late!

Roberta said...

Now that's cool! But poor dino!

Unknown said...

Love the style and your take on the theme!

michael robertson said...

it's probably for the best he didn't make it onto the ark-there would be no other animals left!

gorgeous piece!...I love the textures and the cut paper effect. this is a little different style for you.

Kay Aker said...

Beautiful and fierce!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Great colors, style, shapes brought together in a great idea.

Nicky Linzey said...

Love this new style of yours. The textures definitely add another element. your work always makes me smile

Mônica said...

Wow, this one and the one you did for Subterranean have a lovely design and colors!

Your work is always unique and fun, no matter which style you're using!

Brad said...

man this is so awesome! the texture works so well and that dinosaur is killer!

Shirley said...

I've just left an award for you this morning. I hope you are well, and though I don't know if you receive these awards, I wanted to let you know that your kindness, support and thoughtful visits have meant a lot to me over these many months. Thank you!

illustration poetry said...

i just read something from you (thank you btw!)...
i hope everythings ok with you little talented friend...

x

illustration poetry said...

i love the textures here... marvelous!

Emily said...

Forgot to set the alarm clock again hun?

Great Dino illo!

Unknown said...

Totally, totally, totally amazing piece of art!! Did I say totally, for sure! LOL!! Luv the dino!!!!!!!!

R.Dress said...

I really enjoy the angularity of your Dino design.

Gavin Goo said...

This idea is really funny! Very original my friend! :D

Chelsea Kirchoff said...

AWESOME TREX!

justdoodleit said...

>Tracey,
They overslept and missed the bus...err boat!

>Jenea,
What if this is a pregnant female T-Rex?

>Marcus,
I wonder about that point too.

>Jack,
Neat nomenclature!

>AmyC,
Inflatable? ...those sharp pointy teeth and talons make it pointless anyway! (Pun intended)

>Parv,
Thanks man!

>Bella,
'Just' sounds just fine ;)

>Michael,
Agreed. Glad he didn't take that boat. Yes, I'm trying to explore some digital tools as well.

>Nicky,
:)

>Monica,
Thanks for that encouragement!

>Brad,
He's a killer alright ;)

>Shirley,
Thanks so much and nice of you to stop by.

>ModernGirlStyle,
Total thanks :)

>RDress,
Thanks for your feedback, Sir!

Thanks for all the great comments folks!

Moro Rogers said...

Nice dinosaur.^^

Merceria Barbagli said...

great composition

Ben Clanton said...

very funny! and such a great design :)

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--