Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sketchbook Sunday - 1

Well, the idea was to ride a bus or catch a train or just take a trip out of town on a motorcycle...to get a change of scenery and fill up some pages in my new sketchbook. The first episode of this new year adventure wasn't all that fun today.
Barely out of city limits, I got a flat tire and pushing the bike around to locate the nearest garage was some unforeseen exercise. Anyway, gist of the story is that the bike repair took quite sometime and I had to make do by sketching things in the vicinity of the garage...which is why this post features only my disassembled bike and some mongrels catching a siesta. Hopefully, next Sunday things will be better.
Based on the total number of comments, 3 random numbers were generated (between 1 and 26) using the program at Random.org
Here are your random numbers:
15 12 3
Timestamp: 2010-01-03 14:16:02 UTC
Comments corresponding to these numbers will receive the postcard prints. Congratulations - Enigma, DreamPainter & AmyC ! Thanks for everyone else who participated.

25 comments:

Loni Edwards said...

Congratulations to the winners!

Your sketches are gorgeous! Happy 2010!

AtelierBrigitte said...

Despite of the flat tire, you've treated us with great sketches!

Dave 'Diamond' Merritt said...

Love the bike!

Heidi Smith said...

THAT MOTORCYCLE ROCKS!!

Cathy said...

Lovely, lovely sketches - adore them! Ooh ... that poor motorbike ...

Nicky Linzey said...

These dog drawings as so wonderful, you've captured them exactly. Sorry about your motorbike but Happy New Year!

Shirley said...

Aww..sorry to hear about the motorcycle..but boy, you always make things turn out fine. Love the dog sketches and the motorcycle..how do you do that? The details are super. Looking forward to your sketches next Sunday too. : )

Congrats to the winners!

FM Hansen said...

Well, you definitely made the most of a not so great experience. I LOVE the water color sketch of your motor bike. It really is amazing. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

The last comment was from me. I logged into the wrong account again. ugh.

illustration poetry said...

awww not meeeeeeh???? :(((
im sooo throwing you a spell!!!!

illustration poetry said...

omg.
im a terrible person.
i meant to say: sorry to hear about the motorcycle... yes, really...

Gillian Comerford said...

so the day wasn't a complete waste if you managed to do some sweet sketches like these. happy new year to ya!

michael robertson said...

Sorry your day didn't go as planned-wonderful sketches, though. I envy your ability to make sketching mechanical things, like that bike, look so easy. Better luck on your next jaunt!

Jason Curtis said...

love...Love...LOVE these sketches!

These are exactly the kind of drawings I'd like to have in a travel sketchbook...if I could sketch and paint as well as you that is (which I can't).

I'd really love to see more of this from you.

Nicola said...

Yes, appreciating the present moment and producing beautiful pieces!

Asja said...

I'm sorry to hear your adventure didn't go as planed! But your drawings are amazing nevertheless!

Eugen Caitaz said...

Wowww! Very interesting story!!! It happened really with you???

My Congratulations guy's!!!

Gavin Goo said...

This is really great! :D Love the details in it. Glad you did this despite the incident. Look forward to your next Sunday's adventure.

Jmontiel said...

Great sketches... the motorbike is awesome!!

ELLA ELVIANA said...

yay! finally! something wonderful to end a dull day! thanks so much, i'll be waiting for the postcard prints. ouiiiii!! will send you email for my address.
hugs! :)

ella

voz said...

Ouch. Great drawings, and the array of dogs definitely suggests a long, restless wait. But ouch. Hope your next trip is much, much better!

R.Dress said...

Wonderful studies. I like your bike is that a Honda?

Emily said...

Love the mongrel sketches!... I'm fascinated by the 'I own the world' attitude that is often so apparent in wild dogs.
Congrats to the winners and to your blogiversery!

justdoodleit said...

Thanks for the charming comments folks. So glad you enjoyed the disassembled bike, which is a rather oddly intricate subject for a regular sketch.

>Frank,
No problem. I'm familiar with both your IDs now :)

>Michael,
The fascination with mechanical things is because of my past as an engineer.

>Jason,
Thanks man! You have your own cool, fun stuff going on :)

>Nicola,
That is so Zen...and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance :)

>Voz,
It was a long wait alright and I have some more dog sketches to prove it :)

>RDress,
It is a 100cc, 4-stroke, single-cylinder Honda.

>Emily,
I feel mongrels are more like 'I don't care who owns the world' in terms of attitude...Rebellious and making their own rules ;)

A BIG Congratulations to Enigma, DreamPainter and AmyC! Your postcards are on their way :)

Bella Sinclair said...

Congrats to the winners! YAY!

Bummer on the flat tire. Not a great way to start a trip. :( But if it makes you feel any better, that is an awesome drawing, and I simply adore your siesta-ing (is that a word?) pooches. That needs to be a wrapping paper of sorts.

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--