As the cargo hatch finally opened, the Brontosauruses ambled down the ramp cautiously. The long flight had numbed their circulation considerably.
The helicopter pilot had some inspiring words of wisdom for the rookie navigator... "Remember, as in life so with choppers - when one hatch closes, another opens somewhere else! "
NOTE: Although I had some interesting ideas for this week's topic...owing to my tight work schedule I'm posting just some rough concept sketches with a watercolor wash instead of finished illustrations. The drawings above feature the largest transport plane and helicopter currently in service...both are equipped with an enormous cargo bay and hatch!

24 comments:
OMG! I love those Brontosauruses! Both sketches are wonderful (the helicopter is gorgeous) and I really like the touch of watercolor!!!
Thank you very much for your kind comments, since yesterday I have been a little sad and your words "when one hatch closes, another opens somewhere else!" encourage me a lot.
Happy Holidays!
^_^
you're amazing! your rough sketches seem like finished work to me! have a great holiday!
Justdoodleit - These are brilliant!!! I love them all!!! Top notch illustration and idea here with great sense of humour! :D
adorable, I hope those beautiful brontosauruses get their circulation back soon.
Love your idea for hatch - its brilliant
Great original idea & illo.. Also thanks for kind words on my Blog.
That was me who wrote the last comment. I as signed in under another user and did not know it.
both drawings are great! why do your rough sketches look so great?! i'm jealous of your skills :)
he he he he! I love it! Hilarious! You always, always knock me out with your fabulous illustration. IT'S THE BEST!!! Truly you rock! Wishing you the very happiest and joyful holiday season.
he he he he! I love it! Hilarious! You always, always knock me out with your fabulous illustration. IT'S THE BEST!!! Truly you rock! Wishing you the very happiest and joyful holiday season.
I see you´re a big fan of military stuff and you make always detailed drawings. And very well done.
really cool drawings! my fav the top one
Poor little brontosauruses - I imagine that flights like that are a real pain in the neck!
Great sketches and wonderful take on the subject!
yes, i know... i cant believe im showing the world my feelings through those illustrations and most of them are said sadly.
How silly.
But i dont care.
Both drawings are OK, but i prefer the first one.
The Brontosauruses rock :D
Hope you're doin' well my witch friend...
When I saw what the IF topic was I knew there'd be an airplane hatch of some sort in yours, but I never could've predicted the brontosauruses. Love it.
such a clever approach-love those brontosaurus!...and I know how much you enjoy doing military drawings!
I love this! Great idea and fantastic execution of the idea. Well done!
Were Fred and Barney on board with the Brontosauruses as well?
Nice work.
LOL, i just love the dinos. :))
top illo is super awesome
Your Brontosauruses ROCK! And so do your massive transport vessels. What a cool way for a plane to hatch its cargo!
Wishing you and your family a very happy holiday season!
These look like finished illustrations to me, they're wonderful & quirky. Have a great Christmas.
AWESOME.
>FF,
Glad you see it that way :)
>Nina,
These are rough ones...Photoshop is making them look slightly better.
>Gavin,
Thanks Man!
>Amy,
A little stroll should be helpful.
>Frank,
Thanks mate. Your have some great designs on your blog.
>Asja,
I'm sure they'd look even better when finished ;)
>Vanessa,
You are too kind ma'am!
>Tomas,
I love flying objects!
>Pakoto,
Gracias Amigo!
>Cathy,
Quite literally too ;)
>nessadee,
Thanks!
>ratulakhsmita,
I'm doing fine. Thanks for asking. Creative expression always reveals inner workings...so, nothing to worry about.
>voz,
I didn't want to become too predictable.
>Michael,
Almost just as much as you love doing musical stuff, Michael!
>Loni,
>Enigma,
:)
>Jason,
Who else do you think piloted that plane?
>Jacks,
Appreciate your visit!
>Bella,
Thanks so much and wishing you and the girls a happy year ahead!
>Nicky,
New year greetings to you as well!
>Moro,
Thanks so much.
Post a Comment