Wednesday, November 18, 2009

IF : Unbalanced

33 comments:

Karen said...

Great idea + sweet illustration!

theartofpuro said...

Lovely and funny illo!

MrBibleHead said...

Love the concept and you really pulled it off. Great work!

michael robertson said...

another fantastic concept and wonderful illustration!

chrysallidis said...

really nice. great work!!!

Anonymous said...

oh so cute, so clever development of concept

Art Fan Ako said...

Lively!

perezvila™ said...

Hey... this is so tender!
i really like this characters...( i dont know the word in english.. or at least it's not coming to my mind right now!! )

espantapajaros!!

Kay Aker said...

What a charmer!

rachel stoleru haim said...

Very good!! I love the concept. Your lines seem so light and flowing. (I hope this makes any sense... I'm translating from my language)

sandygrafik said...

So cute!! Love it!!

Tomás Serrano said...

Fantastic idea and brilliant drawing.

Gavin Goo said...

Not so scary scarecrow! Love the happy mood :) The illustration reminds me of pinocchio though!

illustration poetry said...

:) nice one!

Michelle Lana said...

hehehe...that's too cute! love it.

Shirley said...

Great concept and sweet illustration! Look at the scarecrows always-happy "happy face". And the fun toucans. Very nice! Have a wonderful weekend ahead!!

Pencil Pocket said...

Aww lovely! You always have such original ideas.I love the bold colours in this one - super job!

Amy C said...

so cute, this could be the midwest except for that beautiful exotic bird - is it a toucan?
Beautiful work.

illustration poetry said...

no, it's not Balinese :)
We have similar themes in Hindu culture of India?
Do we? really? ^^

Asja said...

that's a happy state of being unbalanced! great work!

Roger Simó said...

Great concept, and the illustration... I love it, it's very special!

ArtSparker said...

I would like to listen in on this conversation.

AtelierBrigitte said...

What a great idea for the topic! I love it.
And I love the strong colors you've used.

ELLA ELVIANA said...

heheh, love their happy faces! :D

Mary Hall said...

Good one!

voz said...

He looks pretty pleased with his predicament. I love the pattern the leaves of the corn makes. Nifty!

Jason Curtis said...

Another great IF concept here!

Emily said...

I'm glad to see they all seem so happy about it! :) Very cute!

Nessa Dee said...

very cute illustration! love the idea!

C.B. Canga said...

nice work my friend.

R.Dress said...

Love it:)

Jason Curtis said...

Very clever. Well done!

justdoodleit said...

>perezvila™,
Scarecrow...is it the English word?

>rachel,
Your translation makes perfect sense and thanks for the compliment :)

>Gavin,
That's an amusing association, especially considering there's no nose involved here :)

>PencilPocket,
I was little apprehensive about the colors. You comment makes me feel better now ;)

>Amy,
A colorful toucan it is!

>ratu,
Both Balinese and Javanese cultures have traces of ancient India. Ramayana and Garuda are some examples :)

>Asja,
Isn't it funny how being unbalanced can be at times happy too?

>ArtSparker,
Will let you know if they tweet or twitter ;)

>voz,
Friends for the scarecrow, quite a turnaround ain't it? I enjoyed drawing the corn field too.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone :)

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--