Their choreographed fights managed to blur the line between aggression and aesthetics!NOTE: This post is inspired by the traditional martial art of ancient India called Kalarippayattu. Legend has it that this martial dance form was derived from Lord Shiva's Samhara Thandava - Dance of destruction. Initially I wanted to do this as a single continuous gesture drawing, but due to some scanner issues was forced to work with Photoshop brushes. Hope the patchy look suits this theme.

24 comments:
wow! very cool piece. I think the photoshop brushes work well here to give that blurry look. thanks for your comment, santa does look pretty good, skinny legs at least. must be all that skating!
This puts me in mind of the wire work often used in films like ‘Hero’, ‘House of flying daggers’ etc.
Nice work with the photoshop brushes, hope the scanner probs arn’t too bad.
Thanks for the comment.
P.S. Love the truck sketch!
sweet - great take on the prompt
Eat your heart out, Jackie Chan. I like the drawing combination with a bit of education.
Great style and concept!
Very nice fluid movements!
What? What was that? I couldn't see it. They were moving so fast, it was all a blur! This is wonderful. So much motion here. And looks like you had a fantastic time at the wedding. I'm glad you had time to answer the call of creativity while you were there. Beautiful drawings!
I think the photoshop brushes word very good in the image!
Thank you for leaving a nice comment on my blog!
i like the stop frame effect (for lack of a better definition this early in the morning) and shows a lot of action and grace of movement with just the right amount of blur.
Very nice work and love your style! Thanks for visiting!
A really nice effect here.
Thanks a lot for visiting my blog!!
You'll have a magical experience if you go to Machu Picchu, one of the new 7 wonders of the World!!
wow! this is amazing!
i like the style. It almost looks like it's painted on stone. Very nice work!
Wow! This is awesome! Like Mark, it really reminded me of "Hero" and "Crouching..." Just beautiful!
Another great work here... You changed the style, it's really good.
Nice! I like the sense of motion and direction with the multiple figures. And I like the texture of the whole thing a lot.
Nice execution. I like the colors and the effect you get.
such a cool and blurry piece, I love the texture of the blue sky and all of the fantastic movement you managed to capture.
beautiful...the technique works perfectly with the theme.
Thank you for your visit to Salfon and your comment. I like you enjoy it.
hi! haven't visit your blog for a while, lots of new awesome stuff here!!!
:)
Gee whiz...I know I posted here, but now I see that my computer connection failed me! Anyhoo...this is awesome. The photoshop brushes really worked! I'd love to see the gestural drawing though, as I'm sure that was super cool. Very interesting read about the martial art/dance!
Thanks for all the lovely comments everyone!
>Mark,
The scanner repair was worth almost a new scanner. Technology these days is fast becoming like cola cans - disposable! *sigh*
>ArtSparker,
Jackie Chan would appreciate this, because it is far more aesthetically choreographed than his movies.
>Bella,
It was refreshing as the setting was a small town and the ceremony minimally traditional.
>StudioZuga,
Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!
>Sandybau,
I love all of Peru and the stories from the time of Incas. One day will surely tour the place :)
>PencilPocket,
Wow, thanks for a new perspective Kirstie!
>Loni,
Thanks! I too like the poetry of those slow motion action sequences.
>Nina,
>Voz,
>Asja,
>Amy,
>Michelle,
Thanks for the kind words ladies!
>Tomás,
Salfon stuff is really awesome!
>Nastya,
Good to hear from you. Is work in London keeping you very busy these days?
>Shirley,
Thanks you so much. Glad you enjoyed this, will probably post the gesture drawings sometime soon.
>Michael,
>Jason,
>Roger,
Very kind of you guys!
Post a Comment