Thursday, November 26, 2009

IF : Music

The cobra was not one bit charmed by his master's music making skills, but decided to work for food anyway!
NOTE: Snakes are deaf and cannot actually hear the tune being played and mostly respond to the movement of the performer's instrument and sometimes to the vibrations generated by the tapping of his foot.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

hehehe nice illustration!

Tomás Serrano said...

Cobras are deaf, they say... Cool!

Pencil Pocket said...

I love his master's expression... just perfect. :) Super illustration!

Dream Painter said...

haha, you always have a great sense of humour, superb!

Jason Curtis said...

The master looks a little worried...and I don't blame him!

Sadhvi said...

this is good :)

ArtSparker said...

Great dynamic with the facial expressions, and I'm impressed by the raked perspective.

Asja said...

hehe, i love the expression on the player's face. he's lucky that cobra's being cooperative!

Bella Sinclair said...

Hahaha, I agree. The whole story of this piece is all in his expression. Brilliant! I wonder what tune he's playing. Pop Goes the Weasel?

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

AtelierBrigitte said...

Great illo (and thanks for the info about cobra's - never knew they were deaf...)

Roger Simó said...

beautiful image...

Gavin Goo said...

Love the cobra's expression :D Maybe the master has ruined its afternoon nap too!

Veda said...

very beautiful illustration! so apt for this topic

Mark Cavell said...

A charming illo. (Sorry)
Great expressions, loving the angry snake.

Nina Seven N7 said...

very nicely done, and i didn't know snakes were deaf! this is a delight to look at and to learn from, too!

Amy C said...

what a fantastic and exotic piece, I never knew snakes were deaf!

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

So fun...so weird because just the other day my husband and I was watching a bunch of snake charmer videos on youtube!

Aarti Badamikar said...

sooper dooper illustrations!!
loved your blog :)

justdoodleit said...

Thanks for all the wonderful comments folks. Your visits and kindness is much appreciated :)

>Tomas,
Yes they are.

>Jason,
One wrong step and he'll have to face the music instead of the cobra.

>ArtSparker,
Wow! That some analysis Susan, Thanks!

>Asja,
Only for food though!

>Bella,
Greetings to you too! I would reckon Beethoven's Symphony 9 :)

>Gavin,
Perhaps, he's also waiting for his afternoon grub.

>Aarti,
Thanks for stopping by!

Catilustre said...

haha, great!
and thanks for the explanation! i didn´t know about it :-)

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--