Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Walruses with Walkmans


Their mixed tape contained tracks like John Lennon's "I Am the Walrus" and Madonna's "Frozen".
NOTE: A random drawing from my sketchbook pages...the contents of their tape was especially cooked up to ensure this fits well with the current IF theme :)

20 comments:

Art Fan Ako said...

The coolest walruses!

Andrew W. Moir said...

Your two 'frozen' pics remind me of Tennessee Tuxedo and Chumley. :D You have a ton of well done drawings on your blog. :)

Unknown said...

Indeed they're cool! Put them in shades and they'll be ice cold!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Dream Painter said...

haha, your characters are always amazing!! BTW, I love Madonna's "frozen", it is one of my favourite songs. Great song & great image!!

Erik Petri said...

that's funny...great work.

Daniel Chaffin said...

Way to tie in the walkmans

voz said...

Somehow I always suspected walruses would be the analog type.

Nina said...

soooo goood.
I also dig your motto about doodling. I live by the same.

Nicky Linzey said...

Love their expressions. They're definitely groovin

Pencil Pocket said...

Ha, ha. What great taste! They look totally lost in music - awesome characters!

Maldito Columpio said...

Your ilos are fo funny!
I have a great time visiting your blog :D

Gavin Goo said...

Tapping to the music! This is fun! :D They seems to be in their own world. Don't even care where they are drifting to...

Nessa Dee said...

Wonderful concept and great characters! Love it!

Shirley said...

Too cool! You are so funny. Love their very satisfied faces. : )

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

he he he he! Oh I love it! How hilarious is this. You are brilliant. Thanks so much for your very kind words left on my blog. They indeed brought much comfort today. Thanks again.

Asja said...

hehe! i think they're very cool for listening walkmans and not ipods ,for example :)

krisztina maros said...

hehe... both of your weekly illos are hilarious!

elizabeth said...

Um, I think the word "chill" is appropriate here. Fun, well executed illustration!

Jason Curtis said...

Mixed tapes...those walruses are so mid-80's.

justdoodleit said...

The groovin' walruses appreciate your comments and suggest you too tune into your fave songs!

>AndrewMoir,
Thanks for the visit. Wow! Didn't know about Tuxedo and Chumley as they were decades before I was born and TV toons in this part of the world were mostly Disney and Tom & Jerry! Thanks for the intro, I 'm now catching up on YouTube! What fun :)

>Farik,
They wear their Ray-Bans only in summer :)

>Voz,
Had to be. They use those tusks to rewind tapes and conserve battery :)

>Nicky,
Right on!

>Maldito,
Gracias :)

>Gavin,
Doesn't matter, it's ice all around.

>Asja,
They are retro dudes!

>elizabeth,
Chill works well :)

>Jason,
It takes time for technology to travel up north.

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--