Wednesday, October 7, 2009

IF : Germs


After watching too many toothpaste & toothbrush commercials on TV... The clever Croc decided to avail the free services of his Plover friends to keep the germs at bay.
NOTE: This post is based on the fact that apart from a few diagrams in science textbooks and an occasional electron microscope image in a Nat Geo magazine, our collective visual idea of germs is largely determined by TV adverts for toothpastes, soaps, cleansers, lotions etc...Some cute animations and stories of chemical agent molecules thrashing germ mafia are by far the most hilarious I've ever seen. ADs! Man, are they persuasive? Just look at that Croc above :)

23 comments:

knallbeige said...

nice idea and very well done!

denise said...

lovely idea, nicely done!

krisztina maros said...

(sorry i had a mistake before)

so, again: just be careful little birdies! lovely piece :)

ArtSparker said...

It's a tough job but somebody's got to do it...very original take on the theme.

Art Fan Ako said...

Funny crocodile toothpick!

Gavin Goo said...

Nice thought! The crocodile looks friendly enough. Hope the birdies' mum can clear the germs for them too :D

Nina Seven N7 said...

very fun! i bet they are good at getting rid of plaque!

Anonymous said...

Very fun idea & I love the style & color.

Nicky Linzey said...

Scary and funny at the same time! Although your crocodile looks really friendly.

Annika said...

Hehe, I don't know if that was such a good deal for the poor germ-eating birds...
Great drawing and fun idea!

michael robertson said...

once again, you've approached the topic from a totally different and clever angle...beautiful illustration, as well. I love the fishbones!

Mark Cavell said...

Well they do say ‘three birds in the mouth are worth a tooth brush’ or something like that?

lovely illo and an original take on the theme.

Asja said...

The Croc sure knows how to provide dental hygiene for himself! very creative and funny!

Amy C said...

I always love the angle you take on - well everything, this is fantastic, I love Mr croccy wock.

AtelierBrigitte said...

Great take on the subject - these birds are doing a great job.

Anonymous said...

So cute interpretation!

Roger Simó said...

It's so fresh!

Jason Curtis said...

Nice piece.

Just one question, where does the crocodile plug that TV in?

Kay Aker said...

The cutest and most hygienic croc ever! And yes, almost our entire concept of the microscopic world is shaped by TV adverts strangely enough.

Madonna Davidoff said...

Alligator watching TV: what a unique concept and I like your line art/wash technique, btw. Thanks for visiting my site.

voz said...

Aww. I love his little rabbit-eared TV.

Sae Lin said...

I like even the rasps. Great.

justdoodleit said...

Thanks for all the wonderful comments everyone :)

>ArtSparker,
That's what the plovers think too.

>GavinGoo,
Or give them some fluoride toothpaste ;)

>ninaseven,
Hahaha...they are tough competition for the local dentist :)

>MarkCavell,
*LOL* that's one hilarious comment!

>Asja,
With all that TV viewing, he surely does.

>Jason,
It is plugged to the Hydro-power station upstream.

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--