Freedom and flight so delightfully presented... And yet so much the sentiment of a poem I wrote shortly after 9/11..
With wonder a man would cast his sight Upon many a bird in distant flight So man without wings took to the sky So proud was he now to defy The earth bound existence of his day Little did he know what would come his way Little did he know what would come his way.
Ohh! The first one is lovely, I like the colors and textures. The second one reminds me (a little) to the war planes my little cousin draw. Both are fine.
48 comments:
What a pretty illustration! I love the pink sky...it's so dreamy and delicate! And the stork is so sweet :)
I like this very much. It´s lovely.
beautiful! I really like the limited color palette.
oh this is just so peacefully and delightfully lovely.
I am so glad they get along so famously.
Beautiful... so free and light.
Beautiful
cool work!
These are gorgeous. Love the color tones. And I also love the texture of the sky and clouds, particularly in the pink one. So very lovely.
And I got a kick out of your dental croc below! FUN!
always appreciate you swinging by the blog. Your work is so charming.
do they? Well, both of images are fabulous!
Wow both versions are delightful.
Amazing. Love the line, work texture and colors.
Love the old airplane.
OOooh, These are wonderful! Just beautiful! I wish I was up there with them. :)
AWESOME!
beautiful work, both pieces! masterfully done!
these are superb! the way you've captured the sun coming through the clouds in the bottom piece is really amazing.
Great illustration! Love the bird gliding. :)
Wow! You did a fantastic job on these! Well done!
I like how youve put up both illustrations together..The contrast from a warm,textured,papery feel to the airier second one.
great job!
Really lovely pieces, although I can't help but imagine these birds getting pulled into the propellers and mulched up!
Very great job!
These two drawings have a dreamy feel to them...I like them a lot.
Love both pieces but the top one is so beautiful and serene - I think it's the stork.
Freedom and flight so delightfully presented...
And yet so much the sentiment of a poem I wrote shortly after 9/11..
With wonder a man would cast his sight
Upon many a bird in distant flight
So man without wings took to the sky
So proud was he now to defy
The earth bound existence of his day
Little did he know what would come his way
Little did he know what would come his way.
just traveled down the page... I like the way you think. -jayne
why thank you very much for your comment. I see you have a liking for birds also!!! lovely work ;)
Both are just lovely! Very serene and atmospheric... I missed the great crocodile last week too - awesome job!
BEAUTIFUL! Love the textures and compositions. :)
Superb! Great drawings and color!
these are great! I love the pairing of flying machines with flying creatures. Nice compositions to show off the similarities and differences.
You are remarkable. Lovely work here...great concept and execution!!
Love the contrast between the two kinds of flying "machines".
Wow, both illustrations are amazing!
I love them, and the clouds in the background are fantastic, very realist!
:-)
Beautiful illustrations! I'm in awe.
Ohh!
The first one is lovely, I like the colors and textures.
The second one reminds me (a little) to the war planes my little cousin draw.
Both are fine.
Beautiful set!!
Gotta love that retro dude!
Just keep the feathered sweeties away from the engines and propellers!
Thanks for your comment :) These are really nice - I like your use of colour!
what a beautiful illo, love the textures and colors!
What a great concept for this topic. The airplanes are drawn very well!
Wonderful airplanes and a fun sense of history.
love these. wonderful style
Ethereal lovliness!
These are wonderful! Love the colours...
Thanks everyone for all those awesome comments. Really appreciate it :)
>RoseMarie,
Very thoughtful verse and insightful observation.
Lovely as always
Post a Comment