Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Solitary Bloom

He composed a new melody to welcome the solitary bloom in the wilderness.

23 comments:

Karen said...

Nice :)

linda said...

Very cool! I like the use of color against the b/w parts.

ArtSparker said...

I like this one very much. It's so funny and a nice distillation of romanticism...the facial expression is pricelss.

Bella Sinclair said...

Aww, this is really lovely. I can almost hear the tune.

Gavin Goo said...

A peaceful illo indeed! :)

donny* said...

very nice!

Anonymous said...

Really love your ink line work. Love this style. Nice work.

Cathy said...

Ooh! Lovely! This is almost, but not quite, surreal!

Mônica said...

Lovely... nothing like the power of music to welcome and nourish flowers (and people!) I also the mix of black and white with just a touch of color, makes for a very strong composition!

Pencil Pocket said...

Oh wonderful. I love the accented colours and romantic feel. Such a great composition. Gorgeous work! :)

ELLA ELVIANA said...

i like his pensive expression...and how he seems to present his music to the sunflower. :D

Caroline said...

Lucky sunflower! This is a delightful illustration - that dash of colour brings the penwork to life!

Roger Simó said...

What a poetic illustration. I like it very much...! It's special...
Congrats

Jason Curtis said...

I love the mix of color and black and white here.

voz said...

How did the flower feel about this?

Art Fan Ako said...

Poetic and charming!

Asja said...

i love his expression, he looks so completely devoted to playing his violin!

Nessa Dee said...

I love the pop of yellow and brown! Really lovely work!

Tomás Serrano said...

Beautiful illustration!

Amy C said...

utterly lovely, such a great image, its so touching.

justdoodleit said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by and leaving behind such sweet comments :)

>Bella,
Some sharp ears you have!

>enigma,
Yes, it's the artist presenting his work to an audience :)

>Roger,
Sunflower & Violin...It had to be poetic :D

>Voz,
Well, technically the flower only 'felt' some harmonious vibrations of air molecules around it.

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

A lover of the gifts of creation, poetry, art and music - and so here the orchestration of all.

First visit, over from Robert
Dress.

R.Dress said...

Love this one!

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--