Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Personal Patterns

His innate ability to modify personal patterns attracted both great envy and admiration!
NOTE: This was my initial concept for the theme, but later decided to go with this. Didn't want this sketch to go waste, so here's another post :)

42 comments:

Olivier aubin said...

Clever!!!

Bino

Coralie Colorie said...

I love it ! That is "simple", but really well done ! I love it !

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Ah - and so we of the creative realms who celebrate creation be mindful and create according to your impulse anyway... the game is complete simply by our playing it...

So well represented here - awareness of concept and delight!

Nina Seven N7 said...

oh, how fun! it took me a minute to get it and when I did, it was a joy!

Marcus Hadlock said...

I love it- I think this is a great idea and very nicely done! very fun and creative ;)

Dave said...

Subtle. Well drawn. Clever.

Glaucia de Barros said...

Wonderful!! Funny and clecer!!
(thanks for visiting)

Glaucia de Barros said...

ooops! I mean "clever"

Nessa Dee said...

I love it! My daughter had a very similar idea...she wanted to do a zebra wearing plaid!

donny* said...

fantastic! love the idea!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Ohh, this is rich! I love it!

Art Fan Ako said...

Nice idea!

Gavin Goo said...

This is great!!! Uniquely different! :D

michael robertson said...

excellent idea, and the zebras are so nicely drawn! adding that great shade of blue as the only color is perfect. I'm glad we get two from you this time around. thanks!

Moro Rogers said...

Hee, that's sweet.^^

Anonymous said...

This is great! I love how he can create his own, unique pattern! Also love how you used the simple lines with one color.

zainah said...

so a zebra *can* change its stripes ;) very nice!

Bella Sinclair said...

Hahahaha! Gotta love this! Oh yes, if I were a zebra, I'd want to jump his bones. :D

AtelierBrigitte said...

What a fun idea and creation! Love the zebra.

Loni Edwards said...

I absolutely love your take on this week's prompt! Well done! Great illustration and love the humor!

ARMAND said...

Different, it is fantastic!

:)

Danette said...

Hehehe...love his satisfied expression, and who wouldn't be with such a awesome ability!!

Pencil Pocket said...

Brilliant! It's a beautiful drawing and such a great idea for the topic. Nice job! :)

Jason Curtis said...

I'm thinking that guy might just be a horse with tattoos. He looks suspicious.

Dave 'Diamond' Merritt said...

Nice one.

Kay Aker said...

Ingenious!

Shierly Po said...

Simple great idea! :D

tusen said...

Clever, I like this one very much, too.

perezvila™ said...

i always though zebras are magical... you know... obviously this is even more... but in general they are...


Cheers!

Peter Breese said...

Very nice.

Bjornik said...

I am digging this more! I love the wit and humor of the illustration! Such a proud zebra!haha

ArtSparker said...

Man. that would be a good superpower to have...

Amy C said...

this is awesome, I love that cool dude

Asja said...

oh, look at that zebra! he looks so proud of his inventive pattern! so cool! i love how your mind works!

Mark Cavell said...

If he can maybe there’s hope for the leopard.
Great idea, wonderfully realised and thanks for the comment.

Emily said...

hihi...gotta love this one!

fashion fucsia said...

Ha ha!!! I love that original zebra! Super funny illo, great idea.
^_^

justdoodleit said...

Thanks everyone for some totally hilarious and fabulous comments. Really appreciate your visits and kind words :)

>RoseMarie,
What a poetic and insightful thought!

>michael,
That's a really nice compliment! Thanks :)

>zainah,
This one can ;)

>Bella,
*LOL* He'd be amused to hear this!

>Danette,
He's just enjoying himself like an artist :)

>Jason,
C'mon man, no horsing around... he's for real :)

>perezvila™,
They are like walking optical illusions for me :)

>Asja,
Sometimes my mind takes a day off :)

>Mark,
Of course, those Leopards are limiting themselves listening to old sayings ;P

Tomás Serrano said...

I missed this and it´s great.

Dream Painter said...

wow, this is brilliant!!

voz said...

Funny. I like the middle zebra's sudden realization.

Denise Scicluna said...

i love your zebras!! :D

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--