
The Zebra grew increasingly impatient at the traffic lights and decided to never use its namesake crossing again! (I think impatience is directly connected to a sense of anxiety or urgency, which is a result of how we perceive time. No wonder one encounters so many blaring horns at the signal lights.)

30 comments:
großartig! :)
delightful expression!
Very funny. Great work. :)
This is a lovely composition! Really striking. Zebra's must hate traffic lights! I wonder what they think about us stealing their stripes for zebra crossings :)
héhéhé very nice style!
ja!ja! great idea!!!
lovely design!!!
saludos :)
":D
cool ilo!
Great concept!
I just love your drawing of the zebra, it's fantastic. His pose (with one leg raised and ready to go) is perfect, and his expression truly does give the impression that he's impatiently waiting for the light to change.
Super!
great piece! I like the juxtaposition of the zebra stripes and the crosswalk stripes... nice expression, as well.
Ahahahah that is great!
This one is great - I love his expression. Really good take on the subject.
Yipes! Stripes! (Is anyone else old enough to remember this reference to a popular striped gum from childhood?) Fun illustration!
haha very nice! I love the look on his face.
Ha! Well done!
I love visual pun & illustration! Zebra crossings for zebras who don't like traffic lights! :D
Ha - great IF post - the zebra's expression is wonderful
zebra at the zebra...
Lovely illustration and concept! I've sometimes wondered if zebras felt nervous, seeing those stripes flattened on the road like that!
he he I like the concept and the funny character design
hahahhhaa hilarious! great Zebra!!!
The look on his face and that one hoof poised. So funny.
hehe!! i like this a lot!!
I'm wondering if this might be an East coast term...kinda like a burm is a curb out here on the West...either way, a great illustration (design-wise, I love the stripes on stripes)...and thank you for your words o' wisdom at my blog re: the new style..really constructive and I appreciate it very much!
Ah! the zebra crossing are used in the UK (and elsewhere, I see)...Abbey Road...got it. : )
this is so funny! great idea and an outstanding design!
Great drawing! Funny!
It seems a military zebra... he, he, he.
I love this - its so perfect
>Christina,
>Karen,
Danke!
>Emily,
>Rafa,
Thanks for the kind words :)
>PencilPocket,
>Cathy,
Zebras despise traffic signals and looking at steamrollers and painted crossings always gives them nightmares ;)
>BINO,
>Florencia,
>Maldito,
Gracias :)
>Jason,
He's also a little bewildered, as he doesn't know red means stop and green means go.
>michael,
Thanks man! I had to try many variations to get a composition that highlighted this contrast, glad you noticed :)
>Darcy,
>Brigitte,
Thank you :)
>Susan,
This must be from the 60s and way before my time :)
>Dante,
Welcome to my blog. Thanks for the kind words!
>Kay,
Appreciate your words :)
>Gavin,
Bingo!
>Gerald,
Thanks! Nice of you to stop by :)
>perezvila,
Yup!
>jmanu,
Thanks!
>Vanessa,
>Voz,
Glad you find the zebra funny, ladies :)
>Rachael,
Thanks!
>Shirley,
Yes! You made the right connection with 'The Beatles' album cover :)
>Asja,
>Amy,
Appreciate your kind words :)
>Joseph,
Nice to hear from you :)
>Tomas,
Hahaha...glad you still remember my previous post about stripes :)
Post a Comment