Saturday, August 8, 2009

Military doodles






Some rough concept drawings from my sketchbook. Colored for fun, just trying out a new look!

THANK YOU!

Many many thanks to fellow bloggers and cool artists Amy, Brigitte & Shirley for considering my blog for the wonderful Bella Sinclair Award. This is the brainchild and a token of heartfelt appreciation by prolific artist Ces, celebrating the charming wit and vivacious art of her dear friend Bella! If you haven't already discovered these amazing blogs, it’s about time you did!

For me, the greatest joy of blogging is the inspiring art and the touching generosity of so many talented & spirited people around the world. So, a big thanks to everyone – talented bloggers and kind visitors alike :)

23 comments:

Tessa said...

Brilliant! You are seriously talented - I'm in awe.

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

I agree with Tessa, you are just brilliant at this. great. I adore each character and the looseness in the piece. great work.

AtelierBrigitte said...

Are these just "rough concepts"? They are great - I love the first with those geese. I certainly like the new look you're trying.

Loni Edwards said...

Each one is so well done! Its hard to imagine they are from a sketchbook! Nice job!

Shirley said...

Wow, these are fantastic...really, really well done...the characters, poses, expressions, etc..are all so perfectly done. Your "sketches" are truly finished pieces!

Also, thanks for your support on my journey - I wanted to let you know there's an award for you at my blog...I believe you may already have received it though..but just wanted to thank you too. : )

Peter Breese said...

Magnificent, especially like the tank piece. Bravo!

Jason Curtis said...

Thanks for the laugh, these are hilarious! The concepts are truly funny, and the artwork itself is wonderful.

It would be hard for me to pick a favorite, but I think the dog peeing on the tank provided me with the biggest chuckle.

Dream Painter said...

You have a great sense of humour, brilliant drawings!

Amy C said...

these are all terrific, I especially love the birds in the busby probably because I love London!

Cathy said...

Ooh - what fun! I particularly like the little birds in the busby, but they're all super!

Nina Seven N7 said...

i love how you are taking the military theme and running with it!
these are all wonderful!

ArtSparker said...

Great sketches. I especially like the one one of the British soldiers with the birds building a nest.

Emily said...

Nicely illustrated posturing in that duck! I like the whimsy of this style.

R.Dress said...

Make art not war:)

ELLA ELVIANA said...

oh, those are hysterical! but the last one is very sweet!

Dominic Philibert said...

Thanx alot!!!!
Those illustrations are really nice!!!!!!

Coralie Colorie said...

Very funny ! I love the first one and the second one very much !

Brad said...

your stuff is really great! nice style!

C.B. Canga said...

these are great. love this style.

Asja said...

they are all brilliant!i love them all!

Shirley said...

You so very much deserve the award!

justdoodleit said...

>Tessa,
>Vanessa,
Thank you ladies, you are just too generous :)

>Brigitte,
>Loni,
>Shirley,
These are indeed rough concepts. I've just colored them in Photoshop. Actually while doodling my focus is on the spontaneous idea at that moment. Usually details and proportion are overlooked, so if you observe carefully you can see why these are rough ;)

>Peter,
>Jason,
I think the tank thing is fun too. Thanks guys!

>DreamPainter,
Wow! That's a nice compliment! Thanks :)

>Amy,
>Cathy,
>ArtSparker,
Thanks! I always wondered how heavy it would get if these guys were soaked in the famous English rains ;)

>Nina,
Thanks...there's much fun in subverting tyrannical authority. Hence, the military gags :)

>Emily,
I like that fellow's gait too.

>R.Dress,
...or make 'Art-war'

>enigma,
The last one is a thank you note for all you nice people!

>Dominic,
Great to hear from you and thanks for the comment :)

>Co,
Glad you enjoyed.

>Brad,
>Canga,
>Asja,
Thanks for the kind words!

>Shirley,
Many many thanks for the award. I think you are very nice much like your art :)

Abz said...

You have a really fun style. Simple, yet strong and captures the mood and message of each piece. I like your blog, I'm gunna start checkin in more often. :)

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--