
With much caution and great precision the jumbo jet was manoeuvred into its parking space.
NOTE: This is a quick watercolor drawing I did based on some earlier airport sketches. My scanner is having trouble with colored images, so after scanning in B&W mode a tinge of color was added digitally. Oh! Another thing, when I was a kid I always used to think that those signalmen used Ping Pong bats to direct airliners on runways!

16 comments:
beautiful sketch, I love the straight on view of the plane, airports can be such interesting places, I love to people watch!
Ping Pong Bats hee heeee they might as well use them they look just like them.
Beautiful watercolour.
That's pretty funny about the Ping Pong bats by the way!
Nice linework and perspective! The nuetral tones are great!
I love your sketch and the colors you use on it are great! Oh, thanks for stopping by!!
How wonderful is this sketch??? I love the sepia color too. very warm and very nicely illustrated. Great work my friend. thanks for stopping by.
i though just the same about the bats!!
Great illustration!
Your sketches ROCK! Great movement and love the palette...funny about those ping-pong paddles!!
Love the sepia colouring. I thought they were ping pong bats too!
Love the work on your blog. Great pen lines & cartoon style. Great sense of humor too.
Fly me to the moon... she's a beaut!
This is a great illo! Cool idea and I love the perspective!
I like the perspective and monotone washes on this. Funny memory about the ping pong bats.
Love the way you've used the watercolours and limited the palette. This is really beautiful!
beautiful sketch, you did such a great job!
>Amy,
Airports are really awesome places to sketch. Both people and plane-wise :)
>Ako,
Thanks!
>Jason,
Well, it does seem funny now! Back in 3rd grade it seemed reasonable :)
>Nessa,
>sandybau,
>INDIGENE,
>Loni,
>Laurel,
Thank you for the nice words!
>Vanessa,
>Shirley,
Pleasure to hear from you ladies again. Your comments are always appreciated!
>perezvila,
>Liza,
Great to hear you thought the same thing too. It has Ping Pong written all over it ;)
>FRANK,
Welcome and such a pleasure to hear from you :)
>R.Dress,
Hop on..."I'm Leaving on a jet plane"
>Pencil,
Thanks Kirstie! The wonky scanner was largely responsible for the new palette :)
>Asja,
Many thanks for the nice words :)
Post a Comment