Doodled these Toshirō Mifune sketches while watching one of his many samurai flicks. Man, what an actor! Thought will do a refined color variant over the weekend, but this cartoony version seems amusing as well.
these are wonderful drawings! reminds me of the book i had on japanese folklore when i was a kid. pretty much the same strokes! would definitely love to see the colored version too!:)
>michael, It had to be spontaneous or I'd miss much of the film ;)
>ArtSparker, Hahaha...That's an amusing memory.
>voz, Thanks! Of course, they better be or else he'd kick their monster butt!
>Jason, Don't you feel that would make it seem more cowboy western than samurai?
>R.Dress, I like Red Beard too...although it lacks some of Kurosawa's trademark action sequences and is a touch Dostoevsky-esque in theme. Btw, it was Mifune's last film with Kurosawa.
>Vhrsti, Glad you think so :)
>Roger, Gracias Amigo :)
>Björnik, Wow! That's a wonderful compliment. I'm chuffed :)
>Dream Painter, >krisztina, >Tomas, >Asja, >Jannie, >AmyC, >Aimz, >get zapped, >CBCanga, >Nicky, >Marcus, >Dave, Thank you people for such nice words :)
21 comments:
super! I like the spontaneous quality of this sketch a lot. It'll be interesting to see where you take this.
Wonderful. I always think of him wiggling his butt in Seven Samurai.
Yay! I love it.
My monsters are fans too!
love your illustrations, very expressive!
New BW work, fantastic again.
These are great! The top one is my favorite.
I'd love to see these in sepia.
this is great! i love your lines!
Red Beard has to be one of my all time favorite movies of all time. Great subject to draw they came out great.
wow, so nice lines! love his expression.
Wonderful works here. I love your style and creativity!
Really good sketches. And the work about the gods in India is wonderful.
Such beautiful line quality in your work.
so cool and such totally terrific drawings as always
Beautiful illos. You caught the essence of the samuari.
Seriously lovin' your line art! :))
Wonderful sketches, they are so full of life.
these are wonderful drawings! reminds me of the book i had on japanese folklore when i was a kid. pretty much the same strokes! would definitely love to see the colored version too!:)
these are aweseom
I love him- as do I love old samurai movies! Nice doodles!
Great sketches!
>michael,
It had to be spontaneous or I'd miss much of the film ;)
>ArtSparker,
Hahaha...That's an amusing memory.
>voz,
Thanks! Of course, they better be or else he'd kick their monster butt!
>Jason,
Don't you feel that would make it seem more cowboy western than samurai?
>R.Dress,
I like Red Beard too...although it lacks some of Kurosawa's trademark action sequences and is a touch Dostoevsky-esque in theme. Btw, it was Mifune's last film with Kurosawa.
>Vhrsti,
Glad you think so :)
>Roger,
Gracias Amigo :)
>Björnik,
Wow! That's a wonderful compliment. I'm chuffed :)
>Dream Painter,
>krisztina,
>Tomas,
>Asja,
>Jannie,
>AmyC,
>Aimz,
>get zapped,
>CBCanga,
>Nicky,
>Marcus,
>Dave,
Thank you people for such nice words :)
Post a Comment