Sunday, August 23, 2009

Doodle festivities


Today, India is celebrating the festival of Lord Ganesha. Ganesha is the elephant headed, mouse riding, potbellied, rather wisely benevolent and fun looking deity from the Hindu Pantheon who is very popular with kids. He is the son of Shiva (the masculine principle) and Parvati or Shakti - (the feminine principle of the cosmos). He is considered the remover of all obstacles and is often the first deity to be worshipped, so that ensuing tasks are free from impediments.
The Hindu culture, with its million deities, myriad anthropomorphic symbolisms and deep mysticism often appears both compelling and enigmatic to many. Beyond the manifold esoteric rituals, multi-layered mythologies and epic stories is a fundamental principle that -All of cosmos is a dynamic flux of consciousness, ever changing and evolving and human existence is merely a part of these eternal & incessant cycles of creation and destruction. Anyway, if it all seems too heavy, abstract and confusing, there's always some colorful art to enjoy!
Wishing you all a fun-filled week ahead everyone :)

18 comments:

Amy C said...

ahhhh Ganesh I love Ganesh he is so cute, these are such beautiful drawings.
One of my favorite necklaces is a little silver Indian pendant with Kali, I wear it a lot.

Cathy said...

I've always loved Ganesh, too!

I like the way these are really fun yet capture the feel of Indian religious imagery!

Aaron Hartline said...

these are great designs - and I really like the name of the site!!

If you get a chance - check out mine

www.thedailypostit.com

Tomás Serrano said...

Beautiful style of your lines BW. I like it very much.

Jason Curtis said...

I am just loving this style of drawing, I feel it's your best stuff!

Keep it up and share some more please!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sketchs!

Chris Kennett said...

lovely designs, especially like the little sketches you included.

voz said...

These are really nice. I especially like that you included the rat/mouse. I always look for that in images of Ganesh.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD! Your artwork are so terrible and horrible! EWWWW.... Those drawings made me vomit!

TH3DEN said...

Your work is very inspiring and amazing. :) Thanks for dropping by. I can tell i`ll be back here very often!! :D

Shirley said...

Always, always, I am delighted to stop by to see what you've created. I just love this post..I get to learn a bit, and then enjoy your art. Your sketches are so crisp and full of character and energy, and then your color illustration wows me! Great palette and texture in your last piece. Very cool work, my friend!

Marcus Hadlock said...

Great job! I love the Elephant/Ganesh character- you done him well

Food and Drugs said...

Its name was Ganesh. I'll try to keep it in mind.
:-)

michael robertson said...

these drawings are absolutely wonderful-I'm with jason on this... it's truly some of your best work!

ArtSparker said...

What a delightful series.

Eric Barclay said...

I love these! Great work.

Denise Gallagher said...

I absolutely adore these!

justdoodleit said...

>Amy,
Ganesha is cute indeed. Kali is awesome too but in a dark kinda way :)

>Cathy,
Thanks! That was the whole idea - fun drawings without becoming too religious :)

>Aaron,
Nice of you to stop by. Your 365 days post-it project is cool.

>Tomás,
Gracias Señor!

>Jason,
>Michael,
Thanks guys! The best is yet to be...

>Manu,
Thank you!

>Chris,
Well, the idea was only sketches initially. Quickly colored one of them later.

>voz,
The mouse is always a part of the package. It's Ganesha's Batmobile ;)

>Anonymous,
Hope you didn't throw-up on your keyboard! Looks like you have some serious 'gut' issues ;)

>TH3DEN,
Welcome buddy! Thanks for those nice words. I like your Steambun comic a lot :)

>Shirley,
Your comments are so generous they always make me smile :)

>Marcus,
Thanks man!

>Food and Drugs,
Even if you forget the name, his form is easy to recollect.

>ArtSparker,
>Eric,
>Denise,
Thank you people! Really appreciate your compliments :)

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--