Saturday, July 11, 2009

IF : Hollow

The Platypus knew that even the best scientific arguments against its uniqueness were ultimately hollow.
Furry mammal that lays and hatches eggs
Swims underwater with its duck like legs
Defies classification, creating a scientific fuss
Such is the resident of Australia called Platypus!
NOTE: Something from a previous project, there are also a couple of other creatures from down under that will be posted at a later stage.
The Kookaburra caused a raucous din
Its hysterical laughter made everyone grin!

26 comments:

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

hee he hee hee heee! Oh this is cute, funny, and wild. I just love it! Great colors too. They really pop!!!

Asja said...

oh, wow! this is such an awesome platypus! i love its expression!

ABrushWithHumor said...

He's adorable, and I LOVE your verse!

robin

knallbeige said...

eine sehr schöne Zeichnung, tolle testuren ;)

Ginger*:) said...

How cute! What a nice little guy you have created.

Hans_77 said...

I love the style and textures you've used on the worlds greatest animal.
Great

Artsnark said...

fun pieces! love the expression on the platypus

Florencia Bini said...

it's been a long time since the last time I checked your blog, you have been doing great things!!!!
love the tiger sleeping on the feather, so cute and beautiful!!!
saludos :)

Cauê Zunchini said...

SOOOO Beautifuuuuulll !!!
vou arriscar um inlges aqui rsrsrs

I love your designs, and the colours are perfects !! I really love yous works !!

Thanks for your words in my blog !! Sorry don't speak more !!
I'dont speak english very weel !!XD

Saludos daqui de Brasil
CAUE

Peter Breese said...

Great shapes and colors!

michael robertson said...

nice work. love the texture and color...and a platypus seems like such a fun animal to draw!

ArtSparker said...

I love that cautious expression on the platypus' face.

Jason Curtis said...

I really like the flat nature of both these pieces...they are very graphic. I love the colours you used for the Platypus image, and the texture in the bird piece is great.

Tomás Serrano said...

The bird is wonderful, my favorite.

david kow said...

the second one are the best!!! wonderful style too!!

Alberto Belmonte said...

Veeeery nice designs!
Thanks for your comment in my blog, really good work on yours!
Greetings!

Dragana Savkov - Bajić said...

Very nice! beautiful work! :)

Shirley said...

Fantastic work. Love the illustrations and the verses...very well done!!

Unknown said...

this is so lovely, how cute he is! x

R.Dress said...

Oh man I thought I left a comment. These are awesome! I love the textures and patterns you gave the bird. Beauties!!!

Anwar said...

These are really cute illustrations!

Mônica said...

Such beautiful design and colors! Very bright and fun!

Dave 'Diamond' Merritt said...

These are great! Nice styling.

voz said...

I LOVE the platypus. He's just super. Your colors are the best, too.

justdoodleit said...

>Vanessa,
Thank you!

>Asja,
Thanks! This makes the anxious platypus quite happy :)

>Nothinglikeit,
Well, it's just a goofy rhyme I put together. Thanks for your comment :)

>Christina,
Danke Christina!

>Ginger*:),
Thanks for dropping by!

>Hans,
Thanks and Platypus is indeed great because of its uniqueness ;)

>ArtSnark,
:)

>Florencia,
Thanks for visiting again! It has been sometime...I'm trying to keep at least one post per week. So you're welcome to stop by again :)

>Zunchini,
Well, those are really kind words my friend. Thanks!

>Peter,
Glad you think so!

>michael,
Thanks for your feedback. Yes, drawing platypus is fun...reminds me of Donald duck :)

>ArtSparker,
Susan, he's one of a kind and is circumspect about the science brigade that tends to categorize everything.

>Jason,
Thanks man, appreciate it!

>Tomás,
Surely, it too has a sharp sense of humor like you do :)

>David,
>Alberto,
>Dragana,
>Anwar,
Thanks for stopping by and your nice comments :)

>Shirley,
>Samantha,
Glad you enjoyed the post!

>R.Dress,
Appreciate your feedback man...It is always a pleasure to see your comments.

>Mônica,
So nice of you to say so :)

>Dave,
Wonderful to see you here again. Time to check out your cool blog now!

>voz,
Thanks! You are too nice and generous :)

Coralie Colorie said...

I love these 2 animals, and the technique you used !
Thanks for passing by ;-)

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--