Friday, July 3, 2009

IF : Worn

The Battle of the Hydaspes was so fierce that it left Alexander and his horse Buchephalas feeling worn out!

26 comments:

Sidney Meireles said...

Olá, obrigado pelo comentário.
Parabéns pelas ilustrações.
Abraço.

MrBibleHead said...

Very cool! Love the worn out horse as well as Alexander. Nice work!

Deb said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog....You have a great style. Love your blog header!

Peter Breese said...

Very nice! You've been busy, those last few illos are wonderful. Really like the drifting illo!

Shirley said...

Your work is wonderful - I really like the color palette and expressions - they really do look worn out! Great work.

Gavin Goo said...

Nice colours and textures! :)
Thanks for dropping by!

Burt said...

Good thing the horse isn't sleeping atop Alexander!

Catilustre said...

Legendary worn prince!
Reminds me The Sleepy Beauty of WDISNEY!
which I love!
Beautifull illo and very nice new wellcome on your blog!

knallbeige said...

perfect!

Pencil Pocket said...

He's lovely! Great earthy palette. I love that red!

Jason Curtis said...

All this sleeping is making me tired!

This would work well in a series with "Drifting".

mum said...

I see the horse is catching a few winks too - and well deserved, too!

Eric Barclay said...

Wake up! Very cool illustration.

Cauê Zunchini said...

Obrigado pelo comentario !!
Adorei suas ilustrações muito bom o blog !! parabens cara !!vou acompanhar sempre !!

abs
CAUE

Cathy said...

Very wise - Alexander and Pegasus shouldn't go overdoing all this battling stuff ...

Roger Simó said...

Beautiful image... It's very elegant...

ArtSparker said...

Nice to have a trusty steed to take a nap on. Sweet.

R.Dress said...

Beautiful.

Ellen Byrne said...

great idea, great illustration!

Kay Aker said...

Classic and clever!

justdoodleit said...

>Damon,
>Sidney,
>Jack,
Thanks for dropping by guys!

>Deb,
Welcome to my blog and thanks for such kind words :)

>Peter,
Thanks man, your comments mean much to me.

>Shirley,
Appreciate your kind words.

>Gavin,
Thanks to you too for the visit.

>Burt,
Hahaha...then Alexander wouldn't have been able to throw his weight around ;)

>CATI,
Oh! What a nice thing to say. Thanks for the sweet words :)

>Christina,
Sleeping things always seem so :)

>Pencil,
Glad you enjoy the palette, I really love your sense of color.

>Jason,
Broadly, yes. But there is a subtle difference here...drifting is a nonchalant sleep while this is out of exhaustion.

>mum,
Actually the horse fought the hardest :)

>Eric,
It will take some major clarion call to disturb their slumber now :)

>Zunchini,
Obrigado!

>Cathy,
Yes, that's why they stopped near the borders of present day India.

>Roger,
Gracias amigo :)

>ArtSparker,
I know and it's always amusing to see major military commanders having a steed more faithful than their army!

>R.Dress,
Appreciate your words Robert.

>Ellen,
>Kay,
Thanks for those kind words ladies.

Tomás Serrano said...

Wonderful horse! I like the image, of course.

voz said...

The horse cracks me up.

Carmen Saldaña said...

Beautiful illustration!
The horse is awesome, I love it!

Asja said...

great piece! i'm only worried thatAlexander fall asleep with a sword in his hand :)

justdoodleit said...

>Tomas,
Gracias!

>voz,
I know, he looks seriously tired :)

>Carmen,
Thanks so much.

>Asja,
That's for him to battle the demons in his dreams :)

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--