Sunday, July 19, 2009

IF : Tango

Their tango was set to a different beat.
[Some initial concept sketches] I opted for the first one as it seemed to suggest greater intimacy. Now I'm contemplating a series, hoping they might have some appeal as a set of prints. Not too sure though, what do you think?

49 comments:

knallbeige said...

sehr schön :)

omartus said...

sensual birds :)

Laurel Neustadter said...

Elegant, simple, and beautiful. I like this a lot.

Nicole said...

Very pretty!

Art Fan Ako said...

You got me thinking that those long legged birds do make for nice tango dancing type characters. Brought a smile.

boredomsketch said...

The expressions are great.
They seem very elegant
:)

John said...

wow this is so cool love it your interpertation is great!

Shirley said...

Wonderful interpretation - I really like the althernate skeches too - and agree that you chose the definitely more intimate one...you really should create a series of cards of these..great linework and energy!!

Thanks for the kind words on my blog!

Cathy said...

I love the energy and vitality of these, especially the line drawings - I could see them reproduced on t-shirts, bags, all sorts of stuff ...

Kathy Jurek said...

This is really fun and the sketches look good all together too.

Artsnark said...

What fun! Would make a great series

Indigene said...

This is so fun and energetic!

MrBibleHead said...

great motion and feelimg. Love your lines. Nice work!

Gavin Goo said...

Lovely, they look like professionals! :D

Asja said...

beautiful, simple and sophisticated work! i think it would be a great series, first and third sketch are my favorites!

Vincent Juanes said...

Pretty tango dancers!!!

Tessa said...

Fantastic - I'd frame all of them. Truly wonderful!

Zari said...

nice illo... love the sketches!

AtelierBrigitte said...

Great idea - and I love you've shared your sketches.

D'Rtist said...

Put a big smile on my face!
Love the series, too. It would make a nice print!
& thanks for peeking @ my illu!

Anwar said...

They look so elegant...I love this! Your other sketches are great too.

Loni Edwards said...

This is so cool! I love how you added the extra drawings too. Very nice!

Joseph Lee said...

Love these birds! Great stuff!

Bobo said...

Lovely drawing! Like the simple and smooth lines! The sketches are great too!

R.Dress said...

LOve these! Your an animator too.

ArtSparker said...

I like them best as black and white line drawings - the pure movement is more visible.The series idea is terrific. I think all together on a horizontal or vertical page might be nice, as it would refer to cranes in Japanese woodcuts. Also a row of either sort would make them sequential.

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Love this one... well done.

Unknown said...

they are all really lovely, very elegant, it seems like a calm and loving tango, lots of passion! x

Nessa Dee said...

very elegant!

Nicole said...

such fun sketches!! very nice work

Mônica said...

They are all terrific! I like your choice for the final illustration, very dramatic pose, but all the sketches are great and would make an interesting set of prints. You've capture the dance movements really well!

Catilustre said...

I love the down sequence!!!!
and the coloured version is sensual too :-)
( you do love birds, dont you?)

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

This is so hilariously delightful! Now those birds have great talent! It's fabulous! BRILLIANT!!!!

The Sydney Girl said...

i love it!

michael robertson said...

excellent piece! I love all the various poses-I think a series is a great idea... or maybe all of them in one long horizontal format.

linda said...

very cool - i like the prints idea, like the couple i motion with all the poses.

Jarrett said...

Fantastic updates! Great story to this piece. All the best

Natura said...

Wonderful drawings, full of life, great!

Cauê Zunchini said...

WOOOOOONNN !!! Beautifuuull very very very Beautifuuull !!!
I love your animals !! great collor and perfect design !!

I'v to link you in my blog !!

SALUDOS daqui de Brasil
CAUE

Roger Simó said...

Congratulatons Just, I think this work is really good and tender...
And I love the sketches!

ryuku said...

Hello!
This is a very wonderful pose.
I look forward to your next work.

voz said...

Oh marvelous. Perfect choice of animal. And they're so elegantly drawn too.

Bjornik said...

haha! this is so cute. i can't get over their expressions especially the third one. i'd love to see this in a collection of prints.:)

justdoodleit said...

A big THANKS to everyone for leaving behind such nice comments and wonderful suggestions. It is really encouraging to hear from you all :)

Amy C said...

you have totally captured the fabulous tango passion - its oozing with it!

Mitesh said...

He its very nice scatch. Post this type of more scatch.

justdoodleit said...

>Amy,
>Mitesh,
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed these :)

Dominic Philibert said...

Nice!!!!

Nicolette Davenport said...

This is too adorable for words!!! love it.

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--