Wednesday, July 29, 2009

IF : Idle

Contrary to the popular notion, the military top brass weren't sitting idle. In fact, they were in the middle of an important think-tank session!

24 comments:

voz said...

This so accurately frightening. Or frighteningly accurate. Or just frightening.

But in a good way, I swear.

Shirley said...

Completely original take on the theme this week!... thought provoking, witty and so well illustrated! Great piece! : )

Nina Seven N7 said...

this is really funny - so clever! thanks so much for your comment on mine, I really appreciate it!

michael robertson said...

this is so original and clever-i like the way you think...great illustration, too. wonderful job, as usual.

ABrushWithHumor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Artsnark said...

fun illo

krisztina maros said...

excellent idea! frighteningly (by voz) serious and funny at same time.

also love your awesome tango-dancing birds - i've missed them last week but they're really cooool! :)

Jason Curtis said...

Think tank...hahaa!

I love these characters, and the colour palette, and the texture, oh heck, I like it all.

Job well done sir.

Gavin Goo said...

Great interpretation! Nice play on the words! :D

Florencia Bini said...

thank you for your comment!!!
I love your work so your visit is always a pleasure :)
great illustration this one and great idea!!
about the birds bellow my favourite is the third sketch from the group of four :)
besos

Amy C said...

fabulous piece and I always love your humorous twist

Asja said...

hehe, this is very funny! i like their face expressions, they look like they daydreaming about cake :)
all in all another great piece by you!

Mônica said...

Very clever! If only they would stop and be idle for a while. The world might be a better place! :-)

ELLA ELVIANA said...

haha, love their expressions!

Nessa Dee said...

Funny! I love the retro feel.

Pencil Pocket said...

Ha ha, that's very funny. I love this series. They're looking great.

victoriaying said...

Nice work! It's got a great antique feel to it!

Cathy said...

You know, I'd never realised that that's what 'think tanks' are really for! How disturbing!

ArtSparker said...

Another great piece in the series.

Kay Aker said...

So that's what goes on in those think tanks. Revealing! Love your style!

Ellen Byrne said...

ah....not exactly idle minds! nice!

Desiree said...

clever! your work is super fun to look through, love the birds below :)

Anonymous said...

The expression on their faces are priceless.

justdoodleit said...

Many thanks for your visits and wonderful feedback everyone :)

>voz,
All of it makes sense :)

>Shirley,
>Damon,
>Nina,
Thank you!

>Michael,
Thank you sir, for those generous words :)

>ArtSnark,
>Krisztina,
>Gavin,
Many Thanks!

>Jason,
Always a pleasure to see your comments :)

>Florencia,
You should post more often and I'll drop by frequently. Nice to hear from you :)

>Amy,
...And I always enjoy your visits here :)

>Asja,
That's very kind of you...I like the idea that they are probably daydreaming about cake...but with these fellows it might be explosive cakes than blueberry ones :)

>Mônica,
That's very true!

>Enigma,
>Nessadee,
>PencilPocket,
>ArtSparker,
Many thanks for your feedback :)

>Cathy,
Corporates have given it a new twist, but the actual 'think-tanks' are just for this :)

>Kay,
>victoria,
Glad you like the look of this. Thanks for you kind comments :)

>Ellen,
In a way, both yes and no ;)

>Desiree,
>somedaynewyorker,
Thanks for visiting and those nice words!

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--