Friday, June 19, 2009

IF : Unfold

>TOP SECRET - Photo by enemy reconnaissance aircraft <

21 comments:

Amy C said...

fantastic piece - how they land those planes always amazes me.
Love your cloud textures too.

Jason Curtis said...

I'm a big World War Two history buff, so I especially enjoyed these illustrations!

I really love the colour and texture of the background on the first piece...just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

your blog is good .
I like it.

Unknown said...

Nice texture of the backgrounds!

Duncan said...

Nice one, I too like the textures, haven't mastered that myself yet.

Unknown said...

Great illo for the theme "unfold". Just saw an Imax movie about flight and aircraft carriers are amazing!

Asja said...

oh, wow! you talent never seizes to amaze me, i love your style SO MUCH!

rachael gardiner said...

your textures are brill!!! love these illos!!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Oh this is stellar! What wonderful illustrations. Great colors too.

Pencil Pocket said...

Your work is always great - I'm loving the military series! The rendering is lovely!

michael robertson said...

really nice stuff-I love the colors and textures. I especially like the monochromatic feel of the third one-it reminds me of an old photo

Anonymous said...

so ingenious!

Jarrett said...

Your illustrations are so classic! I like the new fox too :D Always a pleasure!

PS the gorilla piece is awesome.

ELLA ELVIANA said...

cool!

ArtSparker said...

You have quite a narrative going on here. I particularly like the carrier in green.

Tomás Serrano said...

The third! It seems taken from an old documentary. I like the green tone atmosphere. Very good lines.

Roger Simó said...

Gorgeous illustrations! Love the textures... They fit very well with the story... Congratulations!

Unknown said...

I am dropping by to let you know I have chosen you for an award! Check out my blog to learn more. ^_^

justdoodleit said...

>Amy,
Thanks! Agree, It takes a lot of skill and courage to land those planes on floating table tops in high seas.

>Jason,
Glad to meet a fellow WWII buff!

>colorlife,
Thank you:)

>SquirrelGirl,
Thanks!

>Duncan,
Thanks, even I'm just experimenting. Alas, mastery is many miles away :P

>Susan,
Wow! Imax movie on flight must be so cool.

>Asja,
Many thanks for your generosity and I admire your style as well.

>rachael,
Thanks :)

>Vanessa,
Glad you like the colors.

>Pencil,
Kirstie, I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the military series. The general notion is that it's boys' kinda stuff.

>michael,
Appreciate your comment man. Love your usage of textures very much. #3 is a Recce shot, so it's indeed an old photo.

>jmanu,
Glad you think so.

>Jarrett,
Pleasure is always mine when I view your works man. Thanks for such kind words :)

>Enigma,
:)

>ArtSparker,
Yes! Susan, I wanted to continue with enemy submarines and battleships too...maybe sometime later.

>Tomás,
Appreciate your views my friend.

>Roger,
So good to hear from you! Thanks for those lovely words.

>SquirrelGirl,
Thanks for the honor!

R.Dress said...

I love these!

justdoodleit said...

>R.Dress,
Wow! Coming from you that is a big compliment :)

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--