Thursday, June 11, 2009

IF : Attention craving gorilla

The gorilla was only craving for some attention. It felt neglected because Jane's research was becoming too chimpanzee specific!
NOTE: Was watching some documentaries on primates and their behaviour; this was inspired by the stellar work of Jane Goodall. It kinda seemed to fit the ongoing IF theme, so here's another entry :)

24 comments:

Catilustre said...

hahaha!
love it!

Anonymous said...

thats a good one...ha ha ha.

Mark Cavell said...

They hate being ignored…they go ape!(Sorry)

Great expression, top work and thanks for the comment.

theartofpuro said...

Love it and the gorilla expression is great

Loni Edwards said...

A great idea! Love the look on his face!

Bella Sinclair said...

Yes, it is pretty hard to ignore a gorilla THAT big, isn't it. Fantastic! Love that gorilla expression! And your craving fox below is wonderful as well. Grapes, YUM.

mum said...

Poor gorilla.
Poor Jane.

(great expression).

Cathy said...

Like all quality gorillas, he's difficult to ignore, n'est-ce pas?

ArtSparker said...

I particularly like the way the gorilla's coat is rendered.

Amy C said...

fantastic, I love the scale and the gorillas hairy hair.

krisztina maros said...

I prefer using teleobjective lens for gorillas he he :)

well done!

michael robertson said...

nice!... i love the expression on that gorilla's face.

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Hee he hee hee! OH this is Chief!!!! This really rocks. I love all your deliciously wonderful line work! It's amazing! Great post!

Art Fan Ako said...

Great gorilla illustration!

Tomás Serrano said...

It´s very funny.

Roger Simó said...

I think this poor girl is blind! Otherwise she would be running away... behind me!

justdoodleit said...

>CATI,
>KC,
Thanks!

>Mark,
That's a hilarious observation :)

>Jason,
I think Jane can easily handle him.

>Puro,
>Loni,
Yes, he's really not amused. Thanks for the comment.

>Bella,
Nice of you to stop by.

>Mum,
"Poor gorilla! Poor Jane!" is also a cool expression.

>Cathy,
I like you 'quality' gorilla remark ;)

>ArtSparker,
>Amy,
Those primates' hairy coats seem well tailored.

>Krisztina,
Considering his menacing looks it is quite understandable.

>Michael,
Good to see you here. Appreciate your views.

>Vanessa,
Thanks so much :)

>Ako,
Thanks!

>Tomas,
Glad you enjoyed the humor. Your comment means much to me.

>Roger,
No need to be frightened. It is possible to make a connection with these & other creatures of the wild if we make an honest attempt. Jane's work shows that compassion can overcome many barriers.

Roger Simó said...

Absolutely agree my friend...

C.B. Canga said...

hey friend, this is great. love the contras in scale. kong!!! :) well done.

Bjornik said...

I think Jane's becoming more interested in Tarzan.hahaha! Nice illustration as always!:)

R.Dress said...

Yikes!

lorelay bove said...

lovely sketches!
I like your post of the fox too!
really cute!

justdoodleit said...

>Roger,
:)

>Canga,
Thanks man! Appreciate your visit!

>Björnik,
The gorilla will become more upset if he learns of Tarzan!

>Robert,
Thanks for the visit!

>lorelay,
Always a pleasure to hear from you!
Thanks for those kind words!

Asja said...

:D i love the gorilla's expression, too! this really made me laugh.

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--