Saturday, June 6, 2009

IF : Craving


Mozilla the Fox was craving sour grapes!
He knew nothing of the fable or broadband cable
Looking at those juicy colorful shapes
He kept thinking of the cup on his table.
NOTE: Trying watercolor after many months, a well deserved break from those Photoshop textures :) > EDIT: Adding another version below >

33 comments:

Peter Breese said...

Very nice! Like the rhyme as well.

SILVER KNIGHT said...

lovely work!

Tomás Serrano said...

His face says it all! I like the expresion.

Cathy said...

Hehehe! Reminds me of the saying 'If life gives you lemons, make lemonade'!

This is obviously a very realistic, forward-thinking little fox!

Karen said...

I like the perspective and your 'hungry' fox face - well done!

Rui Sousa said...

NICE ONE! REALLY GREAT JOB!It´s a well done work, and it´s a great interpretation of the subject.

Amy C said...

oh I loved this fable when I was a kid, you have drawn such a perfect composition and I love the expression on foxies face.
I am glad to hear you liked the Phase Transition pictures, I will pass on your kind words to my husband.
Have a lovely weekend.

Gily Frost said...

Nice one - his expression is perfect! :)

LittleMissMachete said...

hahaha... love the idea! and hes expression is priceless! well done!

mitchowl said...

It makes you wonder what goes on in the minds of animals. Nice take.

eyecontact said...

Simple, direct, charming! Nice.

ArtSparker said...

Wonderful facial expression. Is he a fox of the Bordeaux region, perhaps?

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

What a fabulous fox!! he is beautiful. You captured the prefect look. Great work!

Loni Edwards said...

Oh I love his expression! And the perspective is very nice!

Art Fan Ako said...

Some sophisticated fox. LOL

justdoodleit said...

>Peter,
>Silver,
>Tomas,
Thank you guys! Always encouraging to hear from you.

>Cathy,
Yup! He's a clever fox willing to innovate :)

>Karen,
>Rui,
Thanks!

>Amy,
Glad you enjoyed it. Weekend greetings to you too :)

>Gily,
>littlemissmachete,
:)

>mitchowl,
Now that is an interesting question for which we might never have an answer.

>eyecontact,
Ditto is your comment :)

>Artsparker,
His ancestors were from a Franco-Greek lineage and probably had vineyards :)

>Vanessa,
>Loni,
Thanks for the lovely comments!

>Ako,
He's a simple, smart fellow :)

Debra Keirce said...

What a fun illo! Great job!!

linda said...

Love your watercoloring and cute little rhyme to go with your illo - nice!

Roger Simó said...

Ei, your work with watercolor is really fantastic! I like it very much! It fits very well with your beautiful draw. And I like we can see the texture of the paper...
Congratulations again!

Catilustre said...

haha!!!
what a gourmand fox! this from firefox!
hahaha!

Eugenia Gina said...

a drinker fox! :D this could be the first part of an interesting stories.. Love both version.. :)

Asja said...

i love the expression on the face of the fox! it's priceless!

ELLA ELVIANA said...

hahahaha i love him! :D

Duncan said...

Wow - lovely illustration and expression on fox is priceless. Thanks for your comment.

theartofpuro said...

Lovely and funny,great illo

Natura said...

Great expression, lovely done!

krisztina maros said...

great interpretation! love your fox and textures are fine!

rachael gardiner said...

hehe i love your wee fox!! he has so much character!!!

Burt said...

HAHA @ "He knew nothing of the fable or broadband cable"


Also, yes @ Gold Plated Diapers. In homage to the classic Cowbell SNL skit.

Jason Curtis said...

Nice watercolour!

Very nice piece.

R.Dress said...

When in Rome...

justdoodleit said...

>DEB,
>linda,
Thank you!

>Roger,
It makes me happy that an artist like you has nice things to say! Thanks for the kind words.

>CATI,
Yes, he has some taste :)

>Eugenia,
Thanks! That's a nice idea. Lemme see if I can take it further.

>Asja,
>enigma,
Glad you two like him :)

>Duncan,
>puro,
Thanks for stopping by.

>Natura,
Nice of you to stop by. Thanks!

>krisztina,
Pleasure to hear from you. Thanks for the kind words :)

>rachael,
He is friends with Mr.Fennec I guess!

>Burt,
Thanks mate!

>Jason,
>R.Dress,
Thrilled to see you guys here! Thanks for the wonderful comments. Really appreciate it.

mum said...

Nice. Now, with a rosé version and an eiswein one, you have the sour seasons of the fox.

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--