Wednesday, June 24, 2009

IF : Drifting


Some initial exploratory sketches.

31 comments:

mum said...

oh, that's sweet. I want a feather just like it.

Linda Kay said...

he looks so happily comfortable! nice illustration.

Pencil Pocket said...

What a lovely piece!

Karen said...

I agree. Just great!

Kelly Medina said...

ooh so sweet I just want to jump on there and cuddle up with it. Nice work!

Angie said...

Beautiful and simple!

ArtSparker said...

Wonderfully sweet. Reminds me of "I'm going sailing in a wooden shoe".

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

This is mad, crazy, off the chain, superduper, cool!!!! I love it! Talk about stretching the imagination!!! This one wins hands down.

Cathy said...

It's amazing, isn't how much wildlife previously thought of as 'big game' actually floats around on the breeze! I'm glad to see you've noticed this, too, and I think someone ought to do some serious research into the matter. By the way, you are entirely correct about 'Rhinoplasty' being a cure for rhinitis. Rhinoplasties are bits of purple, sticky-backed plastic which you can put over your nostrils to prevent inhalation of the little fellas. They work a treat!

kathy hare said...

lovely!

Unknown said...

Tigers do look like they are drifting when they sleep!

voz said...

Oh I just love this. His stripes are pretty darn great, too.

Burt said...

Tigers of a feather...

Natura said...

Pleasant image, pleasant to see!!

fashion fucsia said...

Amazing and sweet illo!! I love this relaxed tiger, it seems that he is dreaming!
^_^

Samantha Hughes said...

Gorgeous work!

michael robertson said...

nice interpretation & great drawing.

Jason Curtis said...

I'm currently suffering from insomnia, so this looks ohhhh so nice.

Nice job!

Denise Gallagher said...

How wonderful!
A savage beast asleep on a drifting feather.

Beautiful!

Roger Simó said...

It's very interesting to see the original sketches, thanks!

Tomás Serrano said...

I like your idea and the image. It seems a interesting way od drifting...

Jarrett said...

Beautiful! I love your drawing style :) So delicate!

Unknown said...

ooo I love this! Awesome work!

justdoodleit said...

>Louis,
Thanks for stopping by.

>mum,
Thanks! Even I'm looking for a feather hammock :)

>Linda,
>Pencil,
>Karen,
>Angie,
Appreciate your comments ladies!

>Kelly,
You can, he's pretty harmless like Hobbes.

>ArtSparker,
Thanks Susan. Yup, he too is sailing away but on a feather instead of a shoe :)

>Vanessa,
That's one enthusiastic comment. Many thanks!

>Cathy,
Gotta like your wicked sense of humor :D

>Kathy,
Good to see you here. Thanks for the comment :)

>SquirrelGirl,
Agree :)

>voz,
Glad you think so!

>Burt,
...drift together.

>Natura,
Thanks for dropping by.

>fucsia,
Yes, that he is.

>Eric,
Thanks for your visit man.

>Samantha,
Thank you :)

>Michael,
Truly appreciate your views!

>Jason,
Get a feather pillow.

>Denise,
Asleep, he is savage no more :)

>Roger,
Thanks, will post more sketches in future.

>Tomás,
It is the cheapest way to drift. Unlike car drifting, this costs no petrol.

>Jarrett,
>GhettoFab,
Your comments mean much to me. Thanks guys!

Nicola said...

Okay, this absolutely made me smile!

Catilustre said...

sooo Beautiful! both the final and the sketches! love this relaxed tiger floating on this leaf!

Amy C said...

stunning this is so beautiful, the expression on his face is perfect.
This would make a great book jacket for the the Life of Pi

justdoodleit said...

>Nicola,
I'm glad that this drawing had that effect on you :)

>CATI,
Thank you so much for those nice words!

>Amy,
That's a great suggestion and nice compliment. I hope some publishers are listening :)

Emily said...

So fanciful! And light!

Just Kaz said...

I luuuuuurve eeet! T-I-G-E-rrrrrrrrrr

Alberto García said...

Great, I love this style :-)

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--