
Ramayana is a prominent epic from the Hindu culture and is narrated through many art forms. Perhaps the most charming rendition of it is in Puppet Theatre. Shown above is the battle sequence between Prince Rama and the mighty Demon King Ravana. As in life, so in art - all battles must be fought with strings attached :)

19 comments:
Very nice colours! and clever interpretation, I like all those thin wires!
this is such a cool piece - all those heads are truly marvelous.
(and yes those pictures in my sketchbook are from India).
Interesting illustration. I love the repetition of the head and the strings attached to them.:)
Fantastic piece! Yes, the Ramayana is probably the most performed theater production in history. : )
This is great! I like all in it, specialy the textures. Is my favorite!
Brilliant!
maya
Great illo!
I like the characters a lot and the idea!!
Thanks for your comment ^_^
Heh, Ravanna is sweet!
I liked your designs and styles
Congratulations!!
very unique and beautiful ethnic touch on the piece! also thanks for the well-wishes.. ^_^
Wonderful piece. The Ramayana has some great stories.
Oooh! This is very cool. I've never seen so many heads like that before. I am interested in reading the original story now. Strings attached...ha!
thanks for stop in my blog...
man, i loved this last designs... :)))
beautifully executed, i love the composition and the story behind it!
Wow what a great piece of art! Wonderful job.
Great piece. I can only wish it's larger because I like the Indian style print details.
Woohoo! Those are some really encouraging comments and kind words my friends.Thanks a lot! Happy to note that something culturally specific as Ramayana connects well with all. Will try and post more of traditional themes from time to time.
>Nicola,
Yup! Is Broadway listening?
>Bella,
You must read this. It has a distinct storyline, with many subplots and hundreds of incredible characters :)
>art fan ako,
In future, will include an inset of details for you :)
Love this! The colors are cool and the detail..wow! Great work!
I love this one, a really nice interpretation of traditional motifs.
Post a Comment