
In the mid-80s, as a school boy, I visited Bombay for the first time and was thrilled to ride the double-decker bus. Similar to the London buses, these indigenous red buses of the city's public transport (BEST) were iconic sights. This sketch is a celebration of all those childhood memories where double decker buses, railway locomotives and airplanes occupy a special place :)

16 comments:
sehr schön!
what a lovely idea for this weeks word, and you have a lovely natural style.
Memories ... To me the Double-decker bus reminds me of my first visit to London. Great picture and tribute to the memories and the double-decker buses;)
Cheers!!
I love your loose easy style. Nice bus!
Well said. And a lovely illustration to boot.
BEST is Best!! :) :)
You say sketch, I say beautiful work.
i love it!!! i thought of doing this idea but decided it was way too hard to draw a double-decker bus! yours is wonderful!
great!
Simple and so beutiful.
these are always fun to ride on-especially on top! great illustration, as always my friend!
You just make me act like a complete fool when Iook at your amazing illustrations. It's time for a coffee table book for sure!!
Great lovely details :)
beautiful lines!
School memories for me too - I always got a seat upstairs - it was great fun!
This is so lovely. Great idea for 'double'
Post a Comment