A couple of years ago, I did a short road trip along with a friend from college days. We borrowed a Vespa and took off without any specific plans - halting along villages, sugarcane fields, streams and just about any place that seemed pleasant.

My friend was furiously taking pictures of the scenery and I felt so overwhelmed by the tranquil, idyllic beauty of the countryside...I didn't even bother opening my sketchbook...and was eagerly soaking in the experience. Later in the evening, I did a quick doodle of a scene that stayed in my mind and this small sketch evokes all the memories of that trip for me.

Happy Mother's day!

13 comments:
I like this kind of illustrations so much. Simple lines with a touch of color. Great!
Of course, I´m refering the top one. It´s my favorite! And I like the other one too.
I'm with Tomas, the top illustration is just wonderful. I love your limited use of color...and it's something that I've been playing with in my own artwork.
Beautiful!
Lovely to see the cows grazing. Are they protected cows?
If it wasn't for the palm trees it could be England. I'm so envious of your sketching talent.
both of your illustrations are great.It must be very nice to go on trips like this and experience a sense of freedom.
Oooh lovely place and lovely drawing! Sometimes just soaking it up to remember is better than capturing it at the moment.
sweet baby foxy.
Love the road trip sketch, makes me want to pack my bag and head off in some random direction.
love the way you drew the clouds and the tree in the foreground, very nice sketch from memory! Sweet illo too!
Sure feels serene to me. It's beautiful and expansive. Sometimes, drawing from memory captures the sentiment the best.
Adorable foxes!
>Tomas,
>Jason,
Agreed. Simplicity does have this distilled quality that's hard to get always. Thanks guys!
>Nicola,
In India, cows are considered holy by majority (if not all) of people...so they often roam freely.
>Asja,
Well, it is more of reconnecting with the inner freedom that gets muddled in everyday chaos.
>Voz,
>Bella,
True! It has a unique flavor of Nostalgia too.
>AmyC,
I often follow such adventurous impulses ;)
Glad you enjoy the travel sketches folks! Thanks for the kind words :)
I like the two illustrations very much.
>Roger,
Glad you do :)
Post a Comment