Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sketchbook Sunday - 7

This isn't a totally new post, mostly because all drawings are from an earlier sketchbook. It was the summer of 2004 and sitting on the ramparts of the fort, I doodled this quick view of the town of Chittorgarh below.
A few weeks later, I traveled to my parents' house for a long summer vacation...One night, my younger brother decided to keep me company as I was working on some project and my then Pentium III was taking forever to edit PSD files. We chatted for a while and as the night grew longer, my brother unwittingly dozed off. On an impulse, I decided to sketch him asleep and by morning there were a bunch of interesting drawings!

28 comments:

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Awesome sketches as always! Loved the intricate detail!

Florencia Bini said...

lovely drawings of your brother!!!
really cool works below too!!!
Saludos:)

Dave said...

Great study of the town! Cool sketches of your brother. I really like the contrast between the busy trouser areas and the simpler torso area. Very nice! :)

Joe Beale said...

Haha, I hope your brother didn't mind! Really great drawings.

Nicky Linzey said...

Great drawings, how nice to be able to record your family in something other than photos.

Tomás Serrano said...

Fantastic all these works! Wonderful wiew and so pleasant "siesta", it seems...

Tali said...

fantastic sketches! You're too good :)

Gavin Goo said...

Beautiful details, justdoodleit! Especially the flowy lines of the sketches. Great work! :)

A. Riabovitchev said...

Great sketches!Love them all!:o)

Natura said...

Wonderful linework, so fresh!

pakoto said...

so wonderful sketches! congrats:)

Shirley said...

These are super! What a great collection of sketches of your brother. And the town sketch is fantastic..thanks for sharing these with us!

Tooninator said...

these are new to me, so I love them.

Megan Coyle said...

Fantastic sketches - you really did capture the tossing and turning of someone sleeping.

Amy C said...

such incredibly beautiful drawings.

Bella Sinclair said...

Ooh, that fort must have been very high up. Wonderful sketch. I wish you'd come over and fill MY sketchbook.

I LOVE these drawings of your sleeping brother! He looks like he tosses and turns a lot. Reminds me of my younger one who can manage to rotate 360 degrees in one night.

"gone with the wind"...HAhahaha, you blow me away! :D

Kay Aker said...

Brilliant sketchifying!

Abz said...

very awesome! i love all ur line work!

Thanks for stoppin by! :)

R.Dress said...

Great studies!

Dream Painter said...

great line work and the layout is charming!

Jason Curtis said...

Dang I love these sketches!

Wonderful series of your brother.

Pencil Pocket said...

These are AMAZING!

Eugen Caitaz said...

Hehe! I like how sleep your brother! ::)

voz said...

Oh those are all great. This is the danger of falling asleep near someone with a sketchbook. It's almost impossible to resist the urge to draw them. Great lines on the fabric.

justdoodleit said...

>Dave,
Yes, those cotton pants were particularly wrinkly and it was nice to sketch those folds in the flow.Appreciate your feedback!

>Joe,
No. He was fast asleep!

>Bella,
Yes, the fort was atop a hill and offered a nice panoramic view of the town below.

>Voz,
One of the great things about drawing people while they are asleep is that they don't change poses every second :)

Glad you all enjoyed these studies folks...thanks for your nice comments :)

ELLA ELVIANA said...

the sketches are superb!

sandygrafik said...

Amazing drawings!! You're great!! I wonder what your brother said when he looked at them! It was so nice of you!

justdoodleit said...

>Enigma,
Good to see you back. Thanks!

>Sandy,
He thought his sleeping postures were actually much more elegant...of course, I told him "In your dreams!"

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--