
I met this guy who was selling peacock feathers and since this bird is also the national bird of India and is protected by law, I asked if his venture was legal. Much to my surprise and amusement, he told me about a lengthy official procedure to apply for permit for selling these colorful feathers...and claimed to be a certified-peacock-feather-salesman, which seemed just as fancy as the feather itself.

Some drawings of the ubiquitous three-wheeler motor transport known as the auto-rickshaw...These are a hugely popular mode of urban transport in many parts of South Asia, their name and appearance vary from place to place.
NOTE: Also updated the blog header based on a couple of recent themes.

19 comments:
great drawings! peacock feathers salesman-now that's an interesting occupation!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Hello Friend, I love love love your blog, it‘s very interesting!!! I really like your style!! i‘ll visit you many times for sure honey.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
these are more than just doodles - they are fabulous sketches! just beautiful!
love this fatty motorauto.. or whatever :-)
I really like your doodles - and I especially like the story of the man with the peacock feathers. How interesting!
A certified-peacock-feather-salesman...wow, I've heard it all.
Your vehicle sketches blow me away! They're just so great.
Your auto-rickshaw illustrations are top-notch! Great work!
I am just curious, did you asked how much for a peacock feather?
Peacock feathers are just so beautiful, love that beautiful drawing.
And those lovely yellow rickshaws, I always enjoy a terrifying ride in those things!
Your sketches are really amazing, as always!... coincidentally, I watched an Indian film last night called "The Pool". I noticed several of these vehicles and wondered what they were. They look like he could tip over rather easily!
These the best!! They are super, super cool!! Your line work always, always amazes me. It's straight crazy delicious!!!
i really like this kind of fast sketch like the one of the indian taxis!!
super captures!
Incredible India!!
I saw PUH-LENTY of these rickety three wheelers in Bangalore, India last month! Really nice line work!
wow this is great!!
hey i know that auto-rickshaw!
yay rickshaws. i have seen my life flash before my eyes on these a few times :)
You're a fantastic artist. especially love your drawings of vehicles and planes.
I'm really enjoying these sketches. Never been to India, but I love seeing it through your eyes. And Imagoman is fantastic! I'm glad we'll be seeing more of him.
A few years ago, in my city I meet one woman who selling peacock feathers too! Here, in my country Moldova, we never don't have peacock (maybe, only in zoo). It was very amazing, and I decided to buy and give to my sister and mum (on 8 mart -international day of womans) this interesting feathers!!! =)
Thanks for all comments folks :)
>Asja,
As exotic as it can get.
>Jason,
Yes you have!
>Gavin,
It was INR 10 for a single feather and 40 for the fan.
>AmyC,
It is a lot of fun riding those rickshaws.
>Michael,
They can be tipped over quite easily.
>VBN,
That's one enthusiastic comment. Thanks Vanessa :)
>Cyn,
These are from that part of India too.
>Mita,
You call them Tuk-tuk, don't you?
>Tali,
Hahaha...I find it amusing how a lot of western tourists are thrilled, yet petrified of this form of transport :)
>Bella,
You'll surely see more of him, soon.
>Jenea,
Boy, you are a natural charmer :)
Love your travel sketches! The peacock man in particular is very charming.
Post a Comment