Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sketchbook Sunday - 2

Went to a nearby marketplace, frequented by rural folk who bring all their produce from fields and plantations. These fruit vendors, expecting their next customer, caught my attention.
Also, there was the iconic Hindustan Ambassador, which has become rare sight these days. Prior to the 90s, when automobile market was still closed to the foreign manufacturers (and owning a car was considered more of a status symbol) this was one of the only two models of car readily available in India! Of course, things have changed dramatically since then...one can see the latest BMW sedans in many parts of the country today.

19 comments:

Rakesh Vanamali said...

It is by chance that I visited this wonderful space of yours and look what a treat I've come to enjoy!

Brilliant creations here!

Truly iconic!

It is certainly a pleasure to leaf thru your space, something I hope to do often in the times to come!

Have a wonderful year ahead!

Eugen Caitaz said...

I like so much, to admire your wonderful country - India! and I like your interesting style of paint! :)

Desiree said...

Very nice!!!

michael robertson said...

beautiful sketches...and such a wonderful way to learn a bit more about your culture!

Loni Edwards said...

Beautiful sketches and an informative, interesting post! Thank you!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Your previous post and this one is just soooooooo wonderful. It's so what I've come to love about your work. your delicious line work and amazing colors just really pops the illustration off the page! Great work!

Jason Curtis said...

I really love how you sketch vehicles! The motorcycle you did recently was just incredible, and the blue car here is killer! Love the watercolour.

Great work.

perezvila™ said...

we dont see human beigs so often here!!

ruma said...

Thank you for visiting my blog.


From the Far East.
Greetings.
ruma

Unknown said...

Your doodle art rocks!

Unknown said...

These sketches are beautiful!!

SparkleQueen said...

i love your style... and your use of watercolor is definitely amazing!!

E

Gavin Goo said...

Love the details of the car! :D

justdoodleit said...

>VRakesh,
Welcome! Glad you enjoyed your visit here :)

>Jenea,
It is watercolor.

Thanks everyone :)

Deepa Gopal said...

I like the way you capture the simple life around...too good!

Juan Carlos Partidas said...

I have a question... Do you draw "in situ", looking at your models, or you take a photo and get inspired on it at home?

R.Dress said...

So cool

Marcos Mateu said...

Great, fresh reference sketches in your blog!

justdoodleit said...

Thank you peeps for all nice words!

>JuanCarlos,
Drawings are all at the spot itself...sometimes, if I don't have color I add a wash later.

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--