Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembrance

Some images exercise a profound impact on our collective memory. Above is one such example of an event 8 years ago.

14 comments:

Amy C said...

how to you always manage to make such iconic tragic images look so beautiful? This is stunning and a wonderful remembrance tribute.

Asja said...

a wonderful and very strong image!

krisztina maros said...

oh my, it was really 8 years ago... it seems so closer. really expressive, very nice image.

Jason Curtis said...

I can't believe it's been 8 years. In many respects, it seems like it just happened.

thedoodlegirl said...

This is such a poignant illustration. I'm so glad you did this! Look at the poor sun! What a great job!!

Gavin Goo said...

Time flies. We were rushing our work in the agency (at night in Singapore) when that happened.

Anyway, nice touch on the sun :)

viince said...

nicely done. very powerful.

Bella Sinclair said...

Your last two illos have been very moving. Fantastic tribute pieces.

michael robertson said...

nice, very touching...the sun adds a the feeling of hope.

also, I want to tell you how amused I was with your comment on my devil post. very clever!

Dream Painter said...

yeah, that was a sad, sad story. Well, your image is beautiful here, I particularly love your colour choice.

Gerald de Dios said...

Just beautiful and sad at the same time, great tribute piece

R.Dress said...

This will always be a powerful image. I've never seen one with both planes about to hit. It's kinda like the last moments of the towers just before the end. I'm glad you gave them personality. You know come to think of it they really where like characters standing in the sky line for all those years. I watched the first jet hit the north tower on my way in from the Manhattan bridge. The rest is too much to get into now. Any way great work as usual man.

justdoodleit said...

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and comments.

>AmyC,
Tragedy, at times, creates its own aesthetic.

>Jason,
>krisztina,
>Gavin,
I know, this image is like the mushroom-cloud-over-Hiroshima of our times...still disturbingly fresh.

>michael,
True, and the loss of innocence too.

>R.Dress,
Wow! I've always felt that New Yorkers in particular would have experienced this tragedy more deeply than anybody else. I saw the 2nd plane live on TV, but watching it unfold in your own familiar space must be something else. Appreciate your thoughts.

MIKE said...

I think the most striking thing about this image is perhaps the little sun looking down on NY. The things we do to each other is beyond words sometimes.

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--