Monday, March 23, 2009

IF : Subtract

EDIT> Adding  B&W version that feels somewhat retro.
He was an experienced hand, and had learned that sometimes you have to subtract in order to add to your fortunes! 

25 comments:

Unknown said...

A good argument for the importance of learning Math!

Amy C said...

great piece, I love the look on his face!

krisztina maros said...

so fine style! i love it.

cjhardy said...

Nice design quality and wonderful color. This is a terrific piece.Beautifully done

Asja said...

what a cool character :)wonderfully done illustration!

valerie walsh said...

i love this!

Valerie Lorimer said...

Great piece! love it.

Tomás Serrano said...

I like his fantastic face and position. Great idea.

Catilustre said...

haha, clever subtractions!!
and clever interpretation and illo:-)(I also like very much the birds" at the top your blog!!)

Heather said...

Thanks for stopping by. This is very clever and he has a great expression. (But I have to admit I liked your samurai and cats better. Maybe it is that they have outlines and this doesn't which make them look more finished to me? Or maybe its just because I'm not a poker player :)

ELLA ELVIANA said...

true and original.. nice work!

Bjornik said...

this is a clever interpretation of the topic! wish i've thought of this too. very nice illustration!:)

MrBibleHead said...

Great work! Love your interpretation and your semi-retro style! Nice!!!
Hey thanks for stopping by and commenting!

justdoodleit said...

Hi,
Thanks so much for dropping by and leaving your interesting viewpoints and encouraging words everyone :)

>Heather,
I don't play poker either. It's just that sometimes I prefer outlines and sometimes blobs of color. Depending on the mood & theme :)

K Cummings said...

The pipe is a nice touch.

Annika said...

This has such a great retro feeling to it! I like it a lot!

Kris-Tea said...

Very good idea! I like it :) Nice illo

Dot said...

cute~! great expression on his face..

LittleMissMachete said...

great expression! I like both versions but somehow the B&W version appeals to me more. The retro look, the smoke, his face... love it!

Anonymous said...

Very true! Love the colors and textures!

tusen said...

what a great face. I love the picture, especially in B&W.

theartofpuro said...

Thanks for the comment
you have a great style ,love your illo

Nina Seven N7 said...

he's cool. thanks for your comment on mine!

Pirusca said...

very nice style!

justdoodleit said...

Thanks everyone! Your comments are much appreciated!

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--