Hello everyone!
I know, it has been a while since the last post here and all my plans for blogging regularly this year haven't really taken off ...but anyway, here's a late start. A set of sketches from my travels which were partly responsible for this blog going dormant for so long.

I love trains and locomotives, they endlessly fascinate the 6 year old in me. What is also interesting is the continuous stream of activity and unexpected wildlife at railway stations in India. Especially if the stations are small, remotely located and have old buildings with tiled roofs.

I had to switch trains at once such junction and waited for many hours with my sketchbook. The crowd was sparse and there were many crows, pigeons and sparrows trying to scavenge bits of food from the litter around the tracks and platform trashcans.


Although crows are generally considered curious and intelligent birds...I got to watch one specimen here that tried to outdo an idling locomotive in some sort of a bizarre shouting match and almost won. It was a hilarious chain of events as you can see below.
Also, here is the outcome of my previous giveaway and emails to the corresponding winners are on their way. Congratulations and thanks for everyone who played along :) Your visits and kind words are again, much appreciated.
Hope to catch up with all your blogs shortly.
Cheers!





14 comments:
welcome back! it's great to see your wonderful sketches again-I certainly missed checking out your amazing work.
yes!!! you're back!
we love the comic "A CROW THAT WENT LOCO" :)
WHOOOOOOO HOOOOO! (Just trying to compete with the trains and crows, here.) SO happy to see you're back and have done some fantastic sketching JUST for us. :D Looking forward to more as you manage it.
PS. Sorry about my whining, it was really immature, wasn't it?
Welcome back! it's wonderful to see your sketches! It couldn't have been a better time now for me, especially with the wonderful train series.
Great to see you back, loved your diving pics - certainly beats sitting behind a computer. The colours here on your sketches are so vibrant, I think reflecting your new pastimes!
Hello!!!!! I was just thinking about your blog the other day...wondering if you'd ever start posting again. So glad you have! You were missed :)))
wooOOOOooo wooOOOOOOOoooo!!! KAAW KAAW!
It's GREAT to see you back! Aah, so nice that you have been traveling! Your trains may appeal to the six year old in you, but they tickle all the ages in me. And that gentleman trying to get comfortable as he waits for the train...I hope he knows he's famous now, forever immortalized in your ink. I hope you have oodles of doodles to share. Get to it! You have 5 months to make up for! :D
YeahhHHHHHH, welcome back.
And what lovely treats you have for us with your beautiful drawings, love the crow/train battle.
Welcom Harsha!
Beautiful sketches, I love the line and colour, they are so fresh!
And thanks for the postcards!!!
Beautiful regret, Harsha.
Your sketches are wonderful -- I love your linework, so loose and confident!
oh!!!! nice sketches! love line and colours, and the story with the "lustige" Corbs! :) haha! poor guys!
nice to have you back!
Welcome back! Beautiful sketches as always :) Keep on posting!
Great sketches! Lovely style.
Post a Comment