
Been a while since my last post here, Have finally moved into a new place and am still in the acclimatising phase - becoming familiar with the new sights, sounds and smells. The yardstick for measuring a successful migration, according to me, is being able to get a sound sleep in the new surroundings...which has eluded me so far because of some short trips I've had to undertake.

Here are some sketches from these trips...In India, train travel is always enjoyable...you can actually see and experience how the changes in landscape brings about changes in climate and culture across this vast country...And the fact that you don't really belong to any one place, yet all of it is your home - makes it a nice metaphor for journey-of-life in general.

I chanced upon a bright red VW Beetle and a military green Jeep! Talk of automotive classics. Drawing them was such a fun experience - momentarily, I was transported to the battlefronts of WWII :)

20 comments:
Yay! You're back!...and it was well worth the wait. These drawings are lovely, as always. I especially love the way you drew that little dog in what seems to be one continuous line.
I hope you enjoy your new place, and that you are able to get many good night's sleep!
I like the train machine you did. As always, brilliant.
like like super like!
I love the lines and colors in your drawings
I absolutely adore the jeep illustration. Looks like a Willys Jeep.
Hooray for your move! Funny, but I've been longing for a train ride lately. Wonderful drawings. Wish I could capture moments and scenery in a sketchbook like you.
Hope you get a good night's rest soon.
Welcome back. I love the sketches. I hope you will be able to get some good sound sleep soon and feel more at home in your new place.
Welcome back!
Marvelous post! I agree, train rides in India are always enjoyable, for some reason beyond just the travel! They transport you to another realm!
Good luck finding that elusive good night's sleep. Great drawings, as always.
Wow these are great! Especially the train illustration is fantastic! :)
These are fantastic - I'm loving your use of line. And I must say, that first drawing is incredible.
Yes - incredible drawings, I love the dog too but then I would! Glad to see you back, sleep well.
I missed your wonderful illustrations, good to see you're back. These are great.
I always love seeing your sketchbook post, all of your drawings always seem so effortless and interesting!
lovely travel sketches, I love the colors and the creamy paper.
Wishing you all the best in your new peaceful home!
lovely illustration of the train, it looks so calm... love the colours!!
Saludos:)
This post is very nice!
I also enjoy travelling by train, and there in India must be spectacular... Very nice sketches, I like the lines and the colours, and the revival Autos :)
Hope you have a more quite home!
greetings aus so kalt kalt Berlin!
cati
These are lovely drawings!! Wonderful!!
I love the train illustration, it's superb! The colors, the line...
I love these sketches!! The line quality is amazing, really intricate!
Post a Comment