Wednesday, April 15, 2009

In progress





These are drawings from an ongoing project that is momentarily paused. Thought will post something from it to get some feedback, fresh perspective and critique. Please feel free to have your say.

15 comments:

Diane said...

This is really wonderful!!! I love the two birds height difference and the colors are really beautiful!

Kay Aker said...

Love the intricate lines of the feathers!

Asja said...

i love this, the yellow background and the way you made their feathers!

Moro Rogers said...

Gorgeous!

SILVER KNIGHT said...

nice work!

Coralie colorie said...

I love your 2 birds, they are so funny !
Thanks for passing by !!!

Anonymous said...

Hey,
you have a great style
I always loved characters with his own personality

Heidi Smith said...

I love the fox!!

ArtSparker said...

A very handsome series - I sort of expect the blue bird to be interacting with a second character because the others are - just a thought. He is lovely in any case.

justdoodleit said...

>Diane,
>Kay,
>Silver's,
>Coralie,
So good to hear from you. Thanks!

>Asja,
>Moro,
Appreciate your views.

>jmanu,
Thanks man. Dig your paper art!

>Heidi,
Pleasure to see you here and thanks for the kind comment :)

>ArtSparker,
Susan, you're right about the interaction bit, it's part of the theme. There's a worm with the bird, but couldn't think of a funky worm with cool details...so kept it blank as WIP. Will now post a temporary placeholder. Thanks for the prod :)

Gillian Comerford said...

Hi there. Thanks for the comments. Lovely work on these animals. The feathers are lurvely!

Emily said...

Oh my! These are just great! I can't even pick a favorite! I hope you continue with the project!

Catilustre said...

oooh!!! they are Soo beautiful all these illustrations! I couldn't choose one! Beautiful shapes and colours...and couples!!!

Nicky Linzey said...

Love this series of animals, the way you've drawn them, the colours and the detail.

Jerarde said...

These are nice!! Great sense of design and using line/shapes to create style.

I stumbled on your site in a roundabout way- we both received comments on our blogs from the same person- and from there I discovered a few more artist(like you) to add to my ever growing bookmarks of artist and illustrators.

Nice work.

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--