Sunday, January 18, 2009

Qutub complex

Travelogue - 3

Continuing the theme of previous posts here’s another sketch and some general rant. The thing about India, given its enormous size, incredible history and diverse culture, is that the regular tourist  gets to see only hyped destinations like Delhi (The drawing is of Qutub complex as seen in 2006), Agra (Taj Mahal), Fatehpur Sikri etc., But these represent only a fraction on the timeline of this region which dates back to 3300BCE. A lot of other sites representative of the ancient history and spiritual identity of its culture are overlooked mostly because they were too esoteric for the prudish Victorian sensibilities of the British Empire - which was largely responsible for showcasing India  (partially though)  to the modern world. Experiencing India without its ancient archeological treasures is like sightseeing Europe without Acropolis & Colosseum.  

NOTE: These travel posts are getting too wordy…will get back to posting plain pictures soon.

8 comments:

Nastya Cusack said...

Hi! Thank you for visiting my blog :) You have some great sketches here! Good stuff, keep it up. I'll be watching you from now on (if you don't mind) :)

Dave 'Diamond' Merritt said...

Thanks for stopping by, like your sketches, particularly the travel ones. Wish I had of kept a better sketch diary of some of my travels.
Be back again soon.

justdoodleit said...

>Anastasia,
>Dave,

Thanks for dropping by :) Will look out for your updates as well.

Bojana said...

I love the intricate lines, the details!

Charlene Celio said...

I really like your work. What an interesting variety you have.

justdoodleit said...

>BOKY,
>Charlene,

Thanks :)

Denise Scicluna said...

brilliant line work. your works truly reflect your hometown :)

Gavin Goo said...

Wow,I missed this. This is really great my friend! :D

© 2008 - 2018 All rights reserved
The contents of this blog is subject to copyright and should not be reproduced without prior consent.--